Chapter 42

A.N So guys I would like to apologise for the extremely long wait for an update on The Hamilton Charm. I have just been very busy with University and life in general. I have assignments one after the other. I barely have time to do anything during the week and I also have exams starting up next week. I would also like to apologise for not replying to any messages and posts on my newsfeed and also any tweets. I will try and get back to everyone as soon as possible.

Anyway here are my plans for The Hamilton Charm. This chapter is to tide ye over until Christmas time. After my exams I hope to write out the rest of this story and then I'll post it one week after the other until it is finished. I will not be posting another chapter until I have completed the whole book.

I also want to people to realise that it takes around 6-8 hours to fully plan, write and edit a chapter for The Hamilton Charm and that is just time I don't have lately and it frustrates me slightly when I get messages from people demanding that I update and giving out because I haven't for a while. I know it's because you really like the book and I should be flattered which I am by the way but it can be just slightly frustrating from time to time.

Anyway let's get to the chapter.

*******

A few days had passed since Iver had been properly introduced to Raoul. In those few days Iver had religiously visited Raoul every day and spoiled him with gifts no doubt trying to make up for all the years that he had missed. Raoul didn't really care about that though, he was just happy to have his father. And I...well I don't really know how I feel. Although it hurt to have Iver back in my life I had to get over it for Raoul's sake.

The hurt was slowly beginning to be replaced by another sensation which I really didn't like at all. Old feelings were trickling back towards the surface but I relentlessly tried to shove them back down. I wasn't going to let Iver destroy me once again.

I could already see a change in Raoul since Iver arrived on the scene. A few Italian words were creeping into his everyday speech. Every day he reminded me more and more of his dad and it was slightly unnerving. He was practically a carbon copy of Iver.

Raoul was spending more time alone with Iver as well. Sometimes Iver would pick him up after playschool and bring him ice-skating or to the zoo. I could see that Raoul and Iver really enjoyed their alone time together so I let them off without me, I didn't want to intrude.

Iver was slowly worming his way into our everyday domestic life as well. He pretended like he didn't know what I was talking about but I knew what he was up to. It was clearly him trying to get his way about the whole living together situation.

Iver would arrive at six am every morning without fail and start cooking us breakfast. He would sit with us and then later walk with me and Raoul to his playschool. We would part ways but not before Iver offered to get me coffee which I always denied. Iver would then pick Raoul up most days from playschool and head off with him for the day. If he wasn't able to pick Raoul up then he would come to my apartment and cook us dinner. However much I tried to make him leave after Raoul went to bed he would never go. He usually stayed until 11 or 12 most nights drinking wine even though I made it clear each time that I didn't want him there. And then at the weekend Iver would insist on bringing us somewhere together as a 'family' outing.

My time was monopolised by Iver. I spent most of my waking hours with Iver. I barely got to see Ethan or any of my friends anymore I was just so busy. It frustrated me to no end as I knew what he was up to. He wanted to play at being a family and I wasn't happy. I knew that Raoul would be getting mixed signals and I didn't want him to get his hopes up. We would never be a real family and I knew that for sure.