Chapter 20: As I Lay Dying

Start from the beginning

She's welcome.

"No." Stefan argues." That's not balance , that's punishment." Emily glared at him.

"I will not give you what you want." She answered.

"So you're saying that there's and answer to give?" Stefan asked. "Please if you know something , just tell me. Help me save my brother."

Bonnie drops to the floor , screaming. I comfort her and feel burns in my head , but I ignored it.

"They don't want us here. They think I'm abusing their power." Bonnie states.

"They know something. They have an answer they just don't want to tell me." Stefan said.

"Yeah ," Bonnie started. "I heard them say two names......"

"What was it?" Stefan questions.

"Klaus and his true mate." Bonnie answered. My eyes widened and I shook my head and stood up.

"Damn it!" I mumbled , looking at Stefan.

----

Stefan and I are going to Alaric's apartment. It seems as though he has made it his own.

I opened the door and there was Katherine sitting on the bed criss crossed.

"Awee , Kitty Kat compelled to sit like a third grader." I taunt. Her leg shakes and she gets up.

"2 days , I've been waiting. I'm suppose to be free of Klaus's compulsion by now. He's supposed to be dead." Katherine ranted.

"We ran into complications." Stefan sugar coated. I glared at him.

"Complications?" Katherine questioned.

"Blame Elijah for having that second option , Katherine." I mentioned. She looks at me and gives me a wait signal. "Doesn't really matter we just need to find him."

"Do you have any idea where he might be?" Stefan interrogated. Katherine grabbed him and zoomed in to the wall. I gaze at my manicured nails and over to them. She holds her finger over his lips.

"Klaus , you're back." Katherine greeted. "Look who decided to come for a visit and what the cat dragged in." I glare at her and she screams while holding her head.

"Arielle , stop." Stefan whispered. I groaned and stopped.

"Don't test me , Katherine." I warned her. She looks at me in horror. I turn to Klaus and Elijah who looked amused.

"You just keep popping up , don't you?" Klaus said.

"We need your help.. for Damon." Stefan says walking closer to him. I follow him subtly.

"Well , whatever it is , he's gonna have to wait a tick." Klaus rendered. "You see , I have an obligation to my brother that requires my immediate attention."

Elijah looks blankly at us and I return my gaze to my nails. This black is popping.

"You understand how important family is , or you wouldn't be here. My brother gave me his word that he would reunite me with my own." Elijah stated.