Chapter 9: The Sacrifice

Noises interrupt my sleep and I groan loudly.

"Shut the fuck up!" I yelled loudly.

A loud band caused me to jolt up in my bed. I grabbed my special carved wooden stake and peeked out of my door. I tip toed over to Jeremy's room. I hear footsteps and turn around sharply. Alaric appears with a bowl of cereal in his hand and a spoon in the other.

I glare at him and wait on an explanation.

"Ric , you scared the shit out of me." I hissed.

"Arielle , um." He mutters. Elena comes out of her room groaning.

"I heard something." I said tapping my ear." I'm assuming she did too." He chuckles nervously and Jenna shows up.

"That was us." She responds. I smirk slightly and nod. "I'm sorry." She apologized. I shook my head.

"You're good." I rendered.

"We didn't think you were up,"

"Well... here I am." I say kind of nervous.

"Chunky monkey?" Alaric offered. I pulled a face and shook my head.

"No , thanks. I'm fine." I politely declined. He sighs heavily once again.

"Well , I'm naked." He announced. "So I'm gonna go." Ric leaves an Elena and I go back to our rooms.

"I'm really, really sorry," Jen says. I wave my hand in her direction.

"You don't have to be , have fun," I dismiss.

"I know he's been staying over a lot, are you guys sure it's okay." She asks.

"Seems like things are good." Len and I say in unison.

Jenna smiles at us. "Things are extremely good." A smirk forms on my lips and I glance at Len.

"Then we're extremely okay with it." We say together again. I go in my room and I feel a presence. I look through all my things and hum to myself. I crawl back in my bed and carry on slumber.

----------

When the Salvatore brothers knocked on my door I assumed the worst.

"Can we talk?" Stefan said. A questioning look forms on my face.

"About.....?" I drag. Stefan looks anticipated and he looks to Damon then back at me. He raises his eyebrows and I turned to Damon.

"We went to see Katherine." He informs me. I open the door wider and told them to come in.

Apparently Katherine is trying to bargain the moonstone so she can get out of the tomb and far away from Mystic Falls. Sike bitch.

"You don't believe her , do you?" Len asks.

"No, of course not we just want the moonstone." Damon clears. I hop on top of the cabinet by the stove. My signature place.

"According to Rose's friend slater, there's a way to destroy the spell that Klaus wants to break." Stefan told us.

"No spell, no doppelgänger sacrifice. Ergo, you live." Damon finishes. Len looks at me and I look at her.

"How do you destroy it?" I ask.

"By releasing it from the moonstone." Stefan answers."