Chapter 2: Bad Moon Rising

"Thanks for coming , Rick." Stefan says. I roll my eyes. Morning time and Salvatore house is my newfound schedule unfortunately.

"I got you something to drink? Coffee , bourbon? Bourbon in your coffee." Damon mentions.

"Arielle and Elena mentioned you needed my help." Alaric brought up.

"Yeah , we were hoping you could help shed some light on the Lockwood family." Stefan said. Alaric glared at Stefan.

"Now , why would I know anything about the Lockwood's ?" Alaric responded.

"Why you wouldn't? But you're dead not dead vampire wife might." Damon adds.

"Isobel's research from when you guys were at Duke together." Elena renders.

"You said that she spent years researching this town." Stefan mentioned.

"Isobel's research here in Mystic Falls rounded in folklore and legends but at the time I thought much of which was fiction." Alaric stated.

"Like that amazing vampire story." Damon mentioned.

"Aside from vampires , what else?" I asked. Everyone looked at me , gah damn.

"The lycanthrope." Alaric replied. I knit my eyebrows. Werewolves.

"As in werewolves , the hell." I comment.

"No way , impossible , way to Lon Chaney." Damon said.

"Is it?" Stefan challenged. I raised my eyebrow.

"I've been on this planet one hundred and sixty some odd years , never came across one. If werewolves exist , where the hell are they?" Damon questioned.

----------------

"Why do you suspect the Lockwoods?" Alaric asked.

"Because vervain didn't affect the mayor on Founder's Day but the Gilbert device did and it affected his son Tyler." Damon explains.

"And at the school carnival, his uncle Mason exhibited inhuman behavior when he fought one of the carnival workers." Stefan adds. "It suggested some sort of a supernatural entity."

"We were hoping if Isobel's research could help us figure out what it is." Elena stated.

"Well , all of her things are still at Duke." Alaric pauses to clear his throat." I mean , her office is still there. She's still technically missing."

"So can we get access to it?" I asked.

"Ric , we need to know what we're dealing with. If this wolfman thing is true, I've seen enough movies to know it's not good." Damon says. " It means that Mason Lockwood is a real life Lon Chaney. And that little Tyler punk may just very well be Lon Chaney Jr. Which means Bela Lugosi- Meaning me-- is totally screwed."

-----

"Arielle , Elena ! Are you guys coming?" Jenna yells.

"I'm not!" I yell. Elena looks at me and pouts.

"I really wish you and Stefan would come." She says. I roll my eyes.

"Carter wants to take me somewhere and it could help us gain more information about Nayla and Katherine." I explain to her.

"Stefan told me about Nayla. How she loved Damon and not Stefan no matter how much Stefan loved her." Elena says , a little bit hurt. I breathe in.