The Twelve Knights

This is my first book that is just me. By myself. The song above is what I was listening while writing this chapter. If there's anything wrong with it feel free to comment. Again, my first book. By myself, so I'd appreciate all opinions.  - Nathon  

Percival hefted the sword in his hand, the incredibly large sword was surprisingly light. "Kill him!" Percival took the sword in his hand, and ran. "I didn't do anything wrong..." "Arrest him!" "I didn't do anything wrong..." "He can be brought back dead or alive!" Percival shook his head, he left a trail of tears and blood behind him, "I didn't do it!" 

"Of course you didn't. Yet they still attack you." Percival paused and looked at the man in front of him. He seemed... off. His clothes, hair, eyes, and skin color seemed to be missing something that every human had. Symmetry. Which told Percival that this wasn't a person, not a human being. "Kill them, if they don't believe you. No one will believe you. If you don't kill them, they'll kill you." Percival hesitated, not to decide, but from fear of this creature in front of him. Percival shook his head and he ran forward. His blade pierced through the man's chest, leaving a hole without blood. "You can't kill a creature crafted by Chaos that easily boy." 

Suddenly, a small trickle of blood slid down his blade. "Wha...?" The creature was bewildered by the black liquid that seemed to be... Its blood. Percival smiled, this sword, had given him power. This "Creature of Chaos," a powerful monster obviously not even used to the sight of its own blood, was weak to his sword. Suddenly, the man transformed, and Percival saw its true face. "You will be sorry for messing with Anarchy!" Then, it disappeared as suddenly as it had came. Percival frowned, the blood on his blade had a different smell than other blood. "Kill him!" Percival felt his heart pounding in his chest once more, as the sounds of the world flooded his mind once more. He jumped up to the roof, they couldn't catch him now. "Split up! He must have gone down one of these paths!" 

"What do I do now?" He looked back at the monster's face in his memories, and the dark feeling he got from even the memory told him all that he needed to know. Kill them all. Those beasts should not be alive, they will create chaos, and that chaos will consume the world. We must bring them judgement. 

But could he do it alone? No... He couldn't. Not alone. He needed help... But... He couldn't. No one ever would listen to a scrawny boy with a giant blade. He needed someone that would believe him... He needed someone that would help him... He needed... Children. Yes! Children that would grow, and learn, and train to slay the creatures of chaos, all who serve them, and finally, Chaos himself.

"No one lives forever..."

Anarchy grinned as the his hand gripped the blade that had pierced his heart. "Scene 1, over." He laughed as Percival's surprised look showed from under his helmet. "In chess... It's checkmate when the king is in danger, when the king dies." Percival grinned, "Well... this isn't chess." Anarchy let out a laugh, "I suppose..." 

And there... They both died...

. . .

In a forest many years later, a battle was being fought. A battle that began all those years ago...

"Loki!" Archon bent down, and Loki hopped over him, just like in a game of leapfrog. Except Loki was holding two swords in his hands. They came frighteningly close to his ears, "Watch it!" Loki's maniacal laughter always made Archon's skin crawl. Whenever they were in battle, Loki just acted... like a madman. Archon laughed. Well, it's not much different outside of battle. Loki was a black blur, a long black tail seemed to slay the beast as they passed him as his ponytail followed Loki's blade. Archon jumped up from his crouching position and spun to the side, his blue cape with sharp edges keeping the beasts at a distance, where he got into a back to back triangle formation with Ray and Aero.