Just when she was about to say something someone grabbed her arm and said something I couldn't hear due to the loud music. "I have to go," she said not too happy. "Something came up and I have to help there but I'll come back for the last dance, wait for me."

"It's alright, I'll see you later."

When she was gone I looked around me again looking for Daniella, she wasn't in the same spot anymore. After walking around the whole gymnasium realisation struck me that she wasn't here.

I felt like I was being baked inside this place so I walked outside to catch some air, there were some teenagers talking and making out in front of the door so I walked to the parking lot which was deserted, something I never thought I would enjoy so much, I could still hear the music from inside.

And then I saw her, leaning on her car with her back to me. Smoking?

I walked closer trying not to make any noise. "Smoking is bad," I said when I was standing right behind her.

She turned around a little surprised. "Is it?" she asked ironically.

"It makes your breath smell and stains your teeth, rots your lungs... It's overall disgusting," I said leaning in beside her. "Smells really bad too."

"Weren't you the badass?" She said throwing it to the ground and stepping on it.

"The only badass thing I have ever done was eat over 50 chicken nuggets in an evening," I chuckled. "It is also bad to the environment," I said pointing to the cig she threw on the ground.

"I don't usually smoke."

"Why were you then?"

"Just felt like it." There was an awkward feeling in the air. "Why are you not dancing with your date anymore?"

"Are you jealous?" I asked with a smirk in which she just rolled her eyes. "I'd rather be with you." I elbowed her lightly. "You owe me one dance too."

"I don't think that's appropriate."

"Neither is smoking in the school parking lot," I said standing in front of her. "C'mon."

She sighed standing too, I placed my hands around her neck because she was taller even though I was wearing heels, she placed hers around my waist very lightly almost as if she didn't want to touch me too much. It was awkward at first, we were dancing several centimetres apart from each other but eventually, we came closer and closer until there was no gap between us forcing me to lay my head in her chest, I could hear her heartbeat, it was just like mine, fast.

I didn't recognise the song that was playing but I knew we danced to 2 songs already and I swear I never want to let go, the second one eventually came to an end and so came the last song of the tonight's dance, the very romantic one, the one everyone wanted to dance with their ultimate crush and oh boy I recognised this song.

Unchained Melody by the Righteous Brothers, it is needless to say that my face went bright red the moment it started, if you know this song then you know what I'm talking about. I looked up to see her expression just to see our faces merely centimetres apart.

Don't do anything stupid, Anna.

"You really do look beautiful in that dress," she said looking at my eyes with an expression I couldn't recognise.

I couldn't say anything, I was paralyzed, I might just be having a heart attack.

She didn't move away and we just stood still staring at each other eyes, HaShem better strike me dead right now or I'll end up kissing her again and ruin everything... Again.

Before we knew the song ended and soon enough we could hear the students walking out the school making us break apart fastly.

"I... Uh, I mean..." I started but I couldn't make any sense out of my words.

"I better go inside," she said breaking the silence.

"Yeah... I'll see you..."

"Monday."

"Yes." Talk about awkwardness.

"Bye," she said walking to the now packed front doors.

My heart was still pounding very hard in my chest, so much I could hear it over the loud teenagers.

What was all of this?

Thanks for reading, please vote and drop a comment, it will help me a lot more than you might think.

Also follow me on Twitter and on Instagram: shayzayit

Hey guys, if you enjoy my content, please consider supporting what I do on ko-fi.com/shayzayit (link on my profile), not only will it give me the motivation to write and create more but it will also help me get my books physically published (these drafts will always stay on Wattpad for free)