Chapter 4

"But I do have to finish the mission I am currently on, and inform the Kazakage that I will be traveling back to Konoha." She said, and Kakashi nodded slightly.

"When are you going to leave?"

"When Taka is awake." Meiko said, and Kakashi gave her a confused look before he looked down at the little monster who had woken him up, only to see that he was asleep.

"But he woke me up..." Kakashi muttered, and Meiko laughed quietly.

"That's what he does. He wakes you up just to fall back asleep, but if he wakes up and you're asleep, it's not pretty." Meiko said, scrunching up her face in way that Kakashi had always loved.

"Are you serious about coming back to the leaf?"

"Yeah. It wouldn't be far for Taka to keep him away from you now that he knows you. He'll probably miss all of his friends in the sand, but he's a friendly child. I'm sure he can make new friends." She said, and Kakashi nodded slightly before the door was opened, and in ran a blonde haired little boy.

"Kakashi-Sensei!" Naruto screamed, and Taka shifted in Kakashi arms slightly. Meiko smacked the boy in the back of the head, and Naruto grabbed where he had been hit.

"Ow! Why did you do that old lady?!" Naruto shouted again, once again causing Taka to shift and scrunch up his face. Kakashi watched as Meiko's eyes narrowed, and she crossed her arms over chest.

"You messed up Naruto. You messed up." Kakashi said lightly.

"Huh? What do yo- Hey! Old lady! Let me go! Ow!" Naruto said as Meiko pulled him away by his ear. Kakashi laughed quietly, shifting Taka up on his chest a little more as Meiko dragged Naruto out of the room.

"Otosan.." Taka said quietly as he stretched out, yawning quietly as he rested his head back on Kakashi chest.

"Oh, hey kiddo." Kakashi said lightly, rubbing his sons back gently.

"Do I have to leave?" Taka said softly, and Kakashi nodded slightly.

"Unfortunately, but don't worry, you'll be back with me soon enough." Kakashi said softly, and Taka gave a very small nod.

"I hope so. I like spending time with you, Otosan." Taka said as he nuzzled his nose against the man chest. Kakashi gave a small smile as he nodded.

"I like spending time with you too, Kiddo." He said quietly, and Taka looked up at Kakashi with the same brown eyes that he had gotten from his mother. He smiled, having never felt so much love fill up in his body from one little person.

Especially someone he met yesterday.

Hell, he didn't even like Meiko. He hated her for years.

But Taka, he was so young, so innocent and adorable. He had a bright smile, and a cute little nose that he had gotten from his mother also. As far as Kakashi could see, he was a perfect mixture between the two.

Kakashi sighed quietly, and Taka looked up at him. "What's wrong, Otosan?" Taka asked, and Kakashi looked down at him before shaking his head slightly.

"Nothing. I just am ready to get back home, you know?" Kakashi said, and Taka nodded slightly.

"I'm not. Too much sand!" He said, scrunching up his nose.

"Not where I live. It's green, and beautiful." Kakashi said, and Taka's eyes widen.

"Really?!" He said, and Kakashi nodded with a smile on his lips, of course, Taka couldn't see it.

"Yeah. I think you'd like it a lot." He said, and Taka nodded his head quickly.

"I would!"

At that moment, Meiko walked back into the room, dusting her hands off on her pants. "Sorry about that." She said laughing. "I had to have a... little talk with Naruto."

"Understandable." Kakashi said laughing, and Meiko walked over to the bed where Taka was laying on Kakashi.

"Hey sweetie, we have to finish our mission now." She said, and Taka pouted at her.

"But I don't want to leave Otosan!"

"Don't worry, after this mission, you will be seeing tons of Otosan. We just have to finish this mission, and then we're all good, okay?" She said, and Taka nodded quickly before he leaped up off of Kakashi and towards Meiko.

"Okay, let's finish it!!" He said happily, and Meiko chuckled slightly.

"Don't you want to tell him bye, Taka?" She asked, and Taka shook his head.

"No, because I'm going to see him soon! I love you Otosan!" Taka said happily, and Kakashi nodded slightly.

"I love you too, Kiddo." He said. "And I love you Meiko." Kakashi said, and Meiko froze. Of course she still loved Kakashi, but it has been so long since those words came out of her mouths with someone who wasn't Taka. She wasn't sure if she was ready to actually tell someone that, especially after how bad she had hurt Kakashi.

"Goodbye Kakashi. I'll see you soon." She said quietly as she picked up her back, and walked out the room. Kakashi stared at the spot where she had stood, and closed his eyes slightly as a small sigh escaped her lips.

Just the same Meiko he had always known.

//////

Meiko and Taka finished their mission and were back on their way to their village. Taka was walking beside of Meiko, because for once she had enough trust in him to walk beside her. But he was holding her hand tightly, swinging their arms back and forth quickly.

"Momma, is Konoha as pretty at Otosan said it was?" Taka asked, and Meiko looked down at her soon.

"I suppose it is. I think it's gorgeous. It has a lot of trees, and there's grass everywhere. The people are really friendly, and there are large streams and ponds in Konoha that we can play in."

"Really?!"

"Yes! There's one I'll show you, I think you'll like it a lot. Oh! And in Konoha, you have an uncle, and a grandfather." She said, and Taka's jaw practically fell open.

"Really?!" He asked.

"Yes!" She said laughing as she picked up the little boy when they reached the sand.

"I can't wait to go!"

"Well, we'll go as soon as we turn in these herbs and things." She said with a laugh.

"Yay!" Taka said as he kissed his mothers cheek. They entered the sand village, and walked straight to the Kazakages tower.

Taka was bouncing on her side, and she couldn't help the laugh that escaped her lips as she walked up the stairs to the office of the Kazakage. She placed three knocks on the door, and didn't open the door until she heard the faint 'come in.' from the other side.

"Oh, Meiko! How was your mission?" The Kazakage asked, being fairly nice. He was known for not being a nice person, but to Meiko, he had always been a fairly nice person. Always respectful, and caring about her son and self.

"It was fine, I got the herbs." She said with a smile, and The Kazakage nodded slightly.

"Good, good."

"But I have a request." She said, and he raised his brow slightly.

"Which is?"

"I want to go back to Konoha. We ran into Taka's father on the mission, and they met each other. Now that he knows about him, I feel that it is only fair for them to have a proper relationship. The only way to do that is to travel back to Konoha." she said, and the Kazakage was silent for a moment.

A few minutes passed before he nodded slightly. "Fine. I will allow you to travel back to Konoha to finish off your ninja days."

"Thank you, Lord Kazakage." Meiko said with a respectful bow before she began to take off the Sand Village headband, but was stopped by the Kazakage.

"No, keep that. You'll always have a place here in the sand." He said, and Meiko nodded slightly.

"Thank you sir. I'll see you again one day." She said before she walked out
of the office. Taka smiled at his mother, before throwing his fist up in the air.

"Let's go!" He shouted.

//:

End of chapter 4.