Chapter 2

*a few weeks later.* (sorry for all the time skips, they'll stop soon!!!)

Meiko stood in the Kazakages office, staring at him with a slight smirk on her face. She was finally getting a mission since she no longer had a class to take care of, just Taka.

"Since the is a C rank mission, if you want you can take Taka since last time you left him here, he punched Temari in the face." The Kazakage said, and Meiko laughed slightly to herself.

"Alright, I'll take him. I'm sure he'll be excited to be outside of Suna for the first time." Meiko said as she walked up to the desk and grabbed the mission request from the Kage, reading over it quickly. Just a simple run to Kiri for some plants they couldn't grow here, nothing too serious or bad.

"You leave immediately, go home and pack your stuff." He said. Meiko nodded and transported back into her home. She began to pack her and Taka's stuff, making sure to pack him extra clothes just in case.

Taka got out of school in ten minutes, so Meiko put their bags on her shoulders, and transported her way to the academy. She stood outside of the school, waiting for him to come.

When Taka walked out, he ran to his mother and she scooped him up in her arms. "I've got a surprise for you!"

"What is it, Okasan?" He asked, and Meiko pushed a few pieces of his hair out of his face, as she smiled at him.

"We're leaving the village today." She said, and Taka's eyes got wide.

"Really?!" He said happily, and Meiko nodded slightly.

"We leave right now." His mother chuckled, and Taka began to kiss all over his mothers face. Meiko laughed again, and they began to walk towards the gates.

////

The two had been walking for the entire day, and they finally got out of the sand and onto ground, but it was night and Taka was asleep on his mothers back. The small boy was nuzzling against his moms back with his small head, pieces of his silver hair mixing in with her dark brown hair. Meiko had her arms placed under the boys legs to help keep him up, and his arms were wrapped her neck.

Even though it was late, Meiko hadn't stopped to make a camp for the fact that she was terrified to stop with her son with her. She had never had to worry about him getting hurt before, but she was getting more and more scared about having him out here during the night.

Maybe if Kakashi was here with them, she wouldn't be so scared.

But then again, Kakashi didn't even know that Meiko and him had a child.

Meiko walked through the night, holding her son protectively against her body.

When morning came and Taka finally woke up, Meiko had to stop for a moment to reposition her leg. Taka knew about his mothers leg for obvious reasons, but he never told anyone about it because he was aware of how embarrassed she was of it.

"Mommy, why are you embarrassed of your leg?" Taka asked as he sat beside her while she fixed the straps on the stump so that it would stay secure.

"Because it reminds mommy of bad memories baby. She just doesn't like it." Meiko explained as she rewrapped her leg and foot, sliding the pant leg down and putting her shoe back on. She stood up and picked up Taka, scared to let him walk on his own. She placed him on her back, his arms wrapping around her neck.

They started to walk in an area where there was a dense, heavy fog. Taka began to glare at the fog as if it would go away with the level of aggression in his glare.