Chapter 3

Meiko froze in her spot, before she slowly turned around and looked back at Kakashi.

"I didn't know you were awake." Meiko said softly as she walked back towards Kakashi.

"Are you really here, or am I just imagining this again?" Kakashi said quietly as Meiko sat down on the bed beside of him.

"No I'm here. Are you feeling okay, Kakashi?" She asked as she pushed his hair back.

"I'm fine. I don't want to talk about me. I just want to talk to you." Kakashi said as he tried to sit up, but Meiko pushed him back down gently.

"No, you need to lay down and rest. We can talk, but you need to lay down." She said, and Kakashi nodded slightly. He laid back down and kept his eyes glued on Meiko.

"Why haven't you talk to me?" Kakashi said with a sadden tone.

"I just haven't had much to say. I've been really busy. I teach academy kids now, and I'm just really busy.. I'm sorry." She said, and that wasn't a complete lie. She was really busy a lot of the time.

"But you could have fou-" Kakashi started off, but he was cut off by the bedroom door opening, and a small white haired boy walking into the room.

"Okasan, Tasuna wants to know if it is okay if I have a glass of milk?" He asked, and Meiko nodded her head slightly.

"Tell him I said that's fine." Meiko said, and Taka nodded quickly before he shut the door behind him. She looked back over at Kakashi who was staring at where the door was open.

"Who was that." Kakashi said, looking at Meiko.

"That's my son. His name is Taka." She said quietly.

"How old is he?"

"He's 5. Almost 6." Meiko said, and Kakashi stared at her.

"Is he.." He trailed off, and Meiko took a deep breath.

"Yes, Kakashi. His full name is Taka Hatake. He is your son." She said softly, and Kakashi pushed himself up on the bed, supporting himself with his elbows.

"Why did you never tell me about my son?" Kakashi said as he got closer to Meiko's face.

"Because we were young. We were still children ourselves and I wasn't sure how to tell you." She said, keeping her voice soft and calm.

"But he's my son, you should have told me. I.. I would have been there to help you." Kakashi said quietly, and Meiko nodded slightly.

"I just wasn't sure how to tell you Kakashi, and I'm sorry." Meiko said. "W-Would you like to actually meet him?" She asked, and Kakashi gave a small nod.

"One second." She said as she got up, and walked out of the room. She walked into the living room where Taka was sitting with Naruto, the two of them playfully shoving each other and laughing about it.

"Taka." Meiko said, and the little boy whipped his head and looked at his mother. "Come here." She said, and the little boy jumped up and ran over to his mother. Meiko scooped up the boy in her arms and walked back to the bedroom.

She shut the door behind her, locking it so that Kakashi's nosey students couldn't come in. Taka kept looking over at Meiko, and at the man laying in bed staring at him.