1. Windows

"When the rain is pouring in your face and the whole world is on your case, I would offer you a warm embrace to make you feel my love."
Beatrice:

"For homework you need to research the evolution of an animal of your choice, it's due in two days," Mrs. Matthews says while writing the assignment rubric on the whiteboard. Majority of the schools in our region supply chalkboards instead of whiteboards, but Mrs. Matthews specifically asked Mrs. Gegna if our school can fund whiteboards instead because she has asthma and the chalk hurts her lungs.

Which is helpful, because Mrs. Matthews has really bad handwriting, so her writing is a little more legible on a whiteboard.

The bell ringing marks when the chaos. Without even saying a word, Lauren and her clique shove their papers into their bags and storm out the door not bothering for Mrs. Matthews to allow s to leave. Placing notebook slowly into my bag, I allow my hands to skim the surface of my broken camera without actually looking at it.

Just the touch of the camera helps resurface memories. Library. Right now. Talking to a stranger.

"Alright see you tomorrow class," Her voice beams. Not a second later the entire class rushes out, the sound of the screeches from the hallway filling the classroom. I sigh while adjusting the cardigan around my narrow shoulders, my bag being thrown around them. The weight of the camera inside the bag feels like stones.

I'm not used to keeping it hidden inside my bag. It's always around my neck, in a position where if I needed to, I could snap a picture wherever I am.

The crowd in the halls are all heading in one direction, towards the entrance to the student lot. From the middle of the hallway–directly where the door to Mrs. Matthews' class is–you can see the parking lot, arrays of clouded vehicles stretching far beyond the perimeters of the glass school doors.

But instead of following the crowd, I turn around and begin sliding my way in the opposite direction;towards the library.

Nobody really acknowledges my existence here, only when they wanna tease me do they act like I'm here. And today are one of those days where I'm happy that they don't notice me, because I easily arrive in front of the glass library doors without a single glance from anybody.

Pulling the door open, my eyes narrow realizing how big the library really is. I don't come in here often, I usually get all my research from the textbooks lining up our family living room.

But damn. I expected it to be a small, two rowes of books, three desks and an annoying librarian.

What I wasn't expected was the see high arched ceilings, at least twenty feet high. Or glass beams carved into the detailed ceiling allowing rays of light to sweep on to the grey carpeted floors.

Or pillars of books lining the walls, and aisles huddled tightly against each other in the centre. Five rows of computers on the other corner, a nook tucked in the corner of the library with a couch and feathered pillows and carpets.

This may be the only room in Elite that emphasizes the point of academy.

Wandering deep into the aisles, my brows furrow as I notice that Tobias isn't here. Did he bail? I swear to God, if he isn't here and he bailed them I'm going to kill him. My. Fucking. Camera. Is. Broken.