Winter and Jacin: The Sweet Escape

Guys guys guys before you read....
I am beyond extremely sorry for how long it's taken me to finally update! I know I said I would update before November and looked at how that plan failed. I feel like I should have been more committed if I was going to start making this story, but my commitment did not fulfill my hope or plan.
Since you all probably just want to start reading, I'll leave the rest of the author's note at the end. I'm really sorry about everything even though sorry doesn't cover it.
Anyways, HERE YOU GO! :)

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Hey Jacin, catch me if you can!" Winter squealed as she ran out of her room and down the hall in the palace. Jacin furrowed his eyes and ran after her.

"Winter, wait up! Where are you going?" Jacin shouted out after her.

She ran all the way to the kitchen while and stole a piece of pie that was laid out on the counter. She quickly scooped the piece of pie off the pie and threw it at Jacin when he was a few feet in front of her.

"Winter!" Jacin swiped his hand across his chest, wiping away the chunks of pie that stuck to his clothes. Winter giggled while hiding behind a storage cart when Jacin grabbed a piece of cake.

"I will get you back Princess..." Jacin sung jokingly as he slowly but surely crept closer to Winter. Winter was crouched down, making inaudible footsteps away from Jacin.

Winter's foot was misplaced, causing her to fall back on her hands. She gasped and tried to get up in time to escape before Jacin would attack, but it was too late. She looked down at her neck, seeing the white frosting mainly covering her. She focused her eyes on her nose and realized the frosting splattered there as well.

"Jacin!" Winter gasped, "How dare you!"

Winter suddenly found a group of banana's lying on the counter and ripped one off, throwing it at Jacin.

"Really? A banana?" Jacin chuckled, the banana falling to the ground.

"Oh whatever. It's something," Winter rolled her eyes.

"I guess." Jacin shrugged. "Oh, you have something on your nose...here."

Jacin walked over to Winter and wiped off the frosting that stayed on her nose. Winter smiled genuinely before Jacin felt the urge to press his lips against hers.

So he did.

The kiss, at first, startled Winter, but she immediately got into it. Jacin smiled at her reaction as they interlocked their lips.

They both slowly got more into the kiss, starting to have some hair grabbing.

But just in the midst of the kiss, one of the large kitchen doors was slammed open. One of the female chefs ran over to the cake and pie, throwing her hands into her hair from frustration.

Winter bit her lip and looked over at Jacin while he smiled sheepishly.

"No! Why does this always manage to happen?" The chef cried. "I spent 14 hours on these!"

"Nice going Winter," Jacin lightly shoved Winter jokingly.

"What? It's your fault!" Winter shoved him back harder.