Cress & Thorne: Regret and Cuddle

This chapter is unedited because I'm really tired and don't have the energy to read it agh. I was also too lazy and scared to put it in the name because then it doesn't seem as interesting hahah okay go on and read the chapter.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"I-Is there an-any way w-w-we can s-s-start a f-f-fire?" Cress's teeth chattered as she tried to speak to Thorne. Her voice came out small though.

"Why, are you cold?" Thorne smiled jokingly as Cress glared at him.

"Y-yes Thorne, I am. Why else wo-would I say th-that?" Cress furrowed her eyebrows as she rubbed her arms that were already covered with a jacket and many blankets.

"Maybe you're just saying that because you want to cuddle with me?" Thorne winked as he left to grab wood that was a few feet away from them to put in the fireplace.

Thorne set the pieces in the fireplace that did have a brick chimney since they were in a log cabin. They were renting a cabin for the week in Russia.  And Cress, being in love with nature, decided that she needed to see the polar bears.

"I-I am not saying that to c-cuddle with you," Cress shuddered from the cold. 

"Cress, we all know you want to cuddle with me," Thorne put a few more pieces of wood in the the fireplace before starting it on fire.

"Sh-shut up-p," Cress hid her freezing nose into the blankets.

"Well that's offensive," Thorne scoffed jokingly. "Would you like some hot ch-"

"YES!" Cress exclaimed. She didn't care what it was, but as long as it was hot, she was okay with it.

"Okay then," Thorne went to the medium-sized kitchen and went into the cabinet on the far right and brought out two packets of hot chocolate mix.

Thorne put one mug full of milk in the microwave, waited two minutes, and then took it out. He did the same with the other mug that was previously empty. He poured the mixture into the mugs and mixed them very well before plopping in a few marshmallows.

Thorne carefully entered the living room with two, steaming hot mugs full of tasty hot chocolate. He steadily gave it to Cress and set his on the side table stand. He got under the many blankets Cress had and cuddled up to her. He then grabbed his mug and took a sip of it. His tongue burned from the heat, and sucked in a breath. He set the mug back on the table.

"Yeah I would wait a little befor....did you just take a large gulp?" Thorne stared at Cress as she took two more large gulps before resting it on top the blankets, still holding onto it.

"Yes. It's not that hot," Cress stated her opinion.

"Not that hot? It's steaming hot! You confuse me so much sometimes," Thorne chuckled.

Cress shrugged as she brought the mug back up to her slightly chapped lips and took another large gulp of the hot chocolate before setting it back into it's previous position.

"So, how are you liking Russia so far?" Thorne tried to start a conversation.

"Eh," Cress unenthusiastically half smiled.

"What? Just, 'Eh'?" Thorne confusingly asked.

"Well I haven't been able to see a polar bear yet," Cress spoke, disappointed.

"Maybe if you weren't always shivering, you would realize them," Thorne pointed out.

"I can't help it! How many have you seen, though?" Cress frowned.