Scarlet & Wolf: Let's Dye (UNEDITED again oops)

"Are you sure this is a smart idea?" Wolf asked nervously as Scarlet set old, unusable towels on the floor and counters in the tiny room they called a bathroom.

"Of course!" Scarlet exclaimed as she gabbed some Vaseline that she had set on top of the towels. She slathered that onto Wolf's neck and ears before closing it up and putting it back in its original position.

"I am trusting you, Scarlet. Don't mess it up," Wolf warned. He was extremely worried on what would happen and how everything would turn out.

"You have nothing to worry about. It's going to look great!" Scarlet grabbed the hair dye bottle that she had laid on one of the towels and poured in the majority of the flaming red liquid into a bowl.

She then grabbed a special type of conditioner and poured some into the same bowl as the hair dye.

"Um, that's not the color we picked out. That looks way more bright and...bold," Wolf's eyes widened as he stared at the hair dye color in the bowl.

"Oh no, before you apply the dye, it's always way brighter. After all the steps and when your hair is dry, it will dim down and look the same as the hair color it's supposed to be," Scarlet explained as she mixed the liquid with the applicator brush.

"Here we go!" Scarlet smiled excitedly as she carefully grabbed a section of the small hair and casually brushed, more like painted, on the dye.

When she felt as if she had put on enough dye on that section, she moved onto the next one.

* * *

"And....I'm....done!" Scarlet set down the brush and took a step back, judging how well she did her job. She gave a successful "umpf" as she nodded in accomplishment.

"How does it look?" Wolf smiled.

"Wonderful! Now we have to put a plastic bag over it and leave it on for two hours before you take a shower to rinse they unnecessary dye out," Scarlet explained as she grabbed a plastic bag and wrapped it around his colored hair.

As they waited for the two hours to pass, they watched a movie while drinking hot chocolate and ate buttery popcorn. Wolf kept throwing pieces at Scarlet, causing her to occasionally punch him on the shoulder softly.

At the end of the movie, Scarlet took the remains of the popcorn and threw them at Wolf before running down the carpet stairs and into the bathroom. She locked the door and had her ear against it, smiling.

She heard footsteps descending the stairs, at a fast pace. She heard him stop and sniffed loudly. Scarlet cursed, and realized he could probably hear her as well. She was almost sure he could probably hear her heartbeat, especially since it was going at an undeniably fast pace.

She heard his footsteps getting closer, causing her to hold her breath. What she didn't expect, though, was for the footsteps to slowly pass the door. She furrowed her eyebrows and wondered if she was really that quiet.

When she didn't hear any sounds from outside of the door, she slowly turned the door nob, it clicking to signify it became unlocked, before opening it. She peeked her head out and didn't see any sign of a tall, quiet handsome man. She took a step outside of the bathroom quietly, and then did it again. She then made a mad dash for the stairs, but suddenly felt two arms wrap around her stomach, pulling her back into a warm chest.

Scarlet shrieked in surprise and thrashed in the arms of Wolf, but did not succeeded in her attempt to be let go of so she could run off and hide somewhere smarter.