:Inject Me Sweetly: Chapter Thirty-Two, Part Two

Start from the beginning

“No, I will,” Vincent told me, crossing his arms. “You pay for Fiona.”

Sebastian frowned a tiny bit, but shrugged. “Okay, sure.”

“We’ll be back then,” Fiona stated, dragging me forward. “Have a nice conversation while you wait.”

I sent Vincent a helpless look to which he replied with a smirk. After narrowing my eyes at him, I turned myself around so I wouldn’t stumble over my feet while Fiona was towing me toward the restroom. A few people gave us amused glances as we hastened between tables at an unusually quick pace. Instead of having a multi-stalled bathroom like most restaurants, it only had single person one. Fiona grabbed the handle, ready to wing it open.

“Wait, it might be—”

“Hey!”

“Oops, sorry!”

“—Occupied,” I finished, grimacing as she shut the door again, a silly grin crossing her face. Sighing, I covered my face with my hand. “Don’t just walk into bathrooms like that, Fiona. You’re supposed to knock.”

She sniffed. “I’m a Princess. I don’t have to.”

My jaw nearly dropped. “Fiona,” I started in a scolding voice. “You—”

“I’m kidding,” she laughed, waving her hand in my face. “You actually believed me? I’m not that awful.”

Just then the bathroom door opened and an elderly gentleman came out of the room, avoiding all eye contact with Fiona. It was an awkward moment. Fiona briskly swept me into the room and closed the door behind us. Swallowing nervously, I eyed her as she locked it. Somewhere in the back of my mind I felt like she was about to murder me.

“What am I going to do, Emily?”

“Huh?”

Fiona was wiping at her eyes with the back of her hand, sniffling quietly. Completely thrown off guard, I could only stand in my spot and gawk at her. Her change of emotion had happened way too fast! Awkwardly, I moved a little closer to her and put my hand on her shoulder. “What’s wrong?”

“On Friday,” she snuffled. “Sebastian…”

Realization dawned on me. Sebastian was going to find a wife. “Fiona…”

“It’s not fair!” she exclaimed, her eyes catching mine. Even with tears in them, she still managed to look stunning. “I didn’t even hear of this until a few days ago! No one told me! Even Sebastian! Why would they keep something like that a secret?”

“You do still have feelings for him!”

“I’ve never stopped loving him!” she confessed, gesticulating wildly. “Why else do you think I’ve stayed with the Rutherfords? I don’t belong there at all, Emily. No one likes me in that family aside from the immediate family— Luella, Solomon, Sebastian, and Vincent. The only reason I’ve stayed is to be close to Sebastian!”

Still a little bit shocked, it took me a second to respond. “Have you told him this?”

“No! I couldn’t! Because of me… Everything that’s happened with Vincent… I couldn’t put him in such a position, Emily. But with the marriage…” Tears spilled over the edges of her eyelids again, rolling down her cheeks. “Why didn’t he tell me?”

“Fiona, I think—”

“Is he going to marry someone else?” she cut me off. “I can’t live in that house anymore, Emily.”

“Fiona, calm down,” I demanded, putting both my hands on her shoulders. “Sebastian won’t marry someone else.”

She shook her head. “He has to, Emily! He’s the next king!”