Chapter Seven

Jay

==Friday==

I pulled my helmet on and watched Angelina give Finn a good luck kiss. Everybody was shocked when we heard that Finn and Angelina were dating exclusively; none of us thought the day would come when Finn Owens stuck to one girl. We all really liked Angelina--she was fun to be around, and most guys on the team envied Finn. Angelina blew kisses to all the guys on the team, which most of them caught and pretended to put it in their pants or something, then headed up the bleachers to sit with Cass.

"Hey man, you ready?" Finn slapped my back and took a gulp of water.

"Hell yeah."

We were playing Seaview High. They were our biggest rivals, and second best football team in the state, after us. Finn glowered at someone behind me. I turned around and almost growled. Bo Springer was smirking at us.

Bo was the quarterback at Seaview. He and Finn were huge rivals. Basically, he was an equivalent of Finn at Seaview. He played girls, was the most popular guy in the school, and was the football star. Bo and Finn hated each others guts.

He had red hair and blue eyes, and was tall, muscular, and lean. Finn was taller, though.

"Well, well, well. Look who we have here. Are you really that desperate to get laid? Who's the unlucky girl, Finn?" Bo said.

"Fuck off, Bo." I said.

The look on Finn's face was hatred in its purest form. It was one thing to insult him, but after a week we all knew that if you brought Angelina in on the insult, you were dead.

----------------

"You guys won!" Angelina threw her arms around Finn's neck and gave him a peck on the lips.

"Of course we did," Finn scoffed, wrapping his arm around her waist.

I grinned, "What? I don't get a kiss?"

Angelina pretended to blow me a kiss, and I pretended to catch it and bring it to my heart. Finn chuckled, but immediately stopped and glared when Bo came toward us, his eyes on Angelina.

"So this is your girlfriend? How did you ever manage to get a girl like her?" he was checking Angelina out, "I could show you a better time, sweetheart."

"Thanks, but no thanks," she scowled at him.

Finn looked like he was about to murder Bo. I put my hand on his shoulder to restrain him if necessary, and stepped between the two of them.

"Anything else, Bo?" I asked coldly.

"Nope. Just wanted to know if the sexy brunette wanted my address. I do get lonely sometimes," he smirked at Finn and Angelina's furious expressions.

"All right. We have to get going."

With that, we turned and walked to the car. I heard Angelina yelp and Finn swear.

"See you at the afterparty," Bo said, smacking Angelina's butt.

She slapped Bo across the face and kneed him in a very sore spot before dragging Finn back to me and the car. Finn looked like he really was going to kill Bo. We climbed into the car.

Cass was already inside my car, and gave us confused looks. Finn and Angelina looked murderous and my jaw was clenched. She shot me a questioning glance.

"Bo Springer," I spat.

"Screw him," she growled.

I pulled out of the parking lot, listening to Finn and Cass's conversation. Angelina was holding Finn's hand and looking out the window, probably calming herself down.