Chapter Five

==Thursday==

Cassia

Angelina and I had just gotten back from the mall; it was already eleven at night. We dumped our bags in her room, then went downstairs to the kitchen. After eating frozen pizza, we made our way back up the steps, quietly because her mom was at home.

"Oh my god! I have the show on Saturday," she said.

"Holy. Crap. Can I come?" I crossed my fingers, praying that she'd say yes.

"Sure. I have three tickets; one for you, one for my mom, and one left over. What should I do with it?" she chewed her bottom lip.

"I'll hand it out," I suggested.

"Really? You would do that?" she brightened up.

"Of course."

"You're a life saver, Cass! I'll go get it."

She hopped up and went downstairs to get the tickets. I waited for around fifteen minutes before I started to worry. Where was she? I headed down the stairs and froze. Angelina was sitting on the last step, whimpering softly and hugging herself. When she saw me she handed me the ticket.

"Please go, Cass," she whispered, "I'll call you tomorrow."

She closed the front door behind me, and I just stood there, shocked. What the hell? I ran back home, but bumped into Finn on my way up the stairs to my room. One look at my face and he knew something was up.

"What's wrong?"

"A-angelina," I choked out.

His eyes widened, and he ran up the stairs, to his bedroom. What was that? He looked like this situation was life or death. Something's been up with him lately. He doesn't bring girls home anymore, and he hasn't slept with someone for almost two weeks. I just shrugged and went to my bedroom.

--------------------

Finn

I opened my window and looked into her room. She was sitting on her bed, staring at her wall. What was wrong? There was an ache in my chest as I just stood there watching.

"Angelina?" I called softly.

She turned to look at me, then put her head in her hands again, continuing to break down. I leaped from my window to hers, and crawled into her bedroom. She didn't make any motion to acknowledge that I was here--just continued to stare into nothingness.

I sat on the bed and pulled her into my arms, stroking her face. The pained look on her face when she looked at me, scared the crap out of me. She let out a dry sob and wrapped her arms around my neck, resting her head on my chest.

Deciding not to ask any questions until she was ready to answer them, I brushed my lips against hers. She whimpered softly and kissed me back. I could taste a salty tear make its way down her cheek. Her soft lips opened under mine when I nibbled at her bottom lip, and I twisted my tongue with hers. Wrapping my arms around her waist and sliding her underneath me, I heard a small gasp escape her mouth. My lip curved upward, and I deepened the kiss.

---------------

I woke up to sunlight streaming through the window. Angelina and I were spooned together, and I was still a bit upset that she insisted her bra and panties stay on last night. My arms were wrapped around her and she was resting her head on my bicep.

I didn't know how long I'd been watching her, savoring the feeling of having her next to me, when her eyes fluttered open. She sat up and looked at me. I quickly shut my eyelids and pretended to be asleep. I felt her cool fingers stroke my jaw, and almost moaned. I took her hand and twined her fingers with mine, grinning up at her surprised expression.