"Okasan, who is this?" Taka asked, and Meiko crouched down beside of Kakashi, placing Taka on the bed beside of Kakashi.

"Taka... Remember the conversation we had about your father? About how he was a proud man?" She asked, and the boy nodded slightly. "Well, Taka, this is him. This is your Otosan." She said quietly, and Kakashi stared at the little boy who looked just like him.

Taka's eyes widened as he slowly looked over at Kakashi, tears welling up in his eyes. He looked back and forth between Meiko and Kakashi, as if asking his mother silent permission to hug his father. Meiko just nodded her head slightly, and watched as Taka wrapped his arms around Kakashi's neck, hugging him tightly. Kakashi gently placed his hands on the boys back, not sure on how to act like a father.

"Otosan.." Taka whispered quietly, and Kakashi nodded slightly as he pulled Taka closer.

"I'm here, kid." He whispered quietly, and the little boy began to cry against his shoulder.

"I love you Otosan.. I've waited so long to meet you." Taka said, and Kakashi ran his fingers through the bottom of the boys hair.

"I... I love you too." Kakashi said quietly to the little boy who was crying and nuzzling his head against his shoulder.

Meiko placed her hand of her sons back gently, rubbing small circles on the child's back. Taka looked over at his mom who smiled slightly at his mother.

////

Kakashi and Taka both fell back asleep on bed, Kakashi cradling his son against his chest with a small smile on both their faces. Meiko started at her love and son, and smiled at the resemblance between the two. Since she knew there was no way she was getting Taka out if Kakashi arms for the night, she stood up and walked out of the room.

She walked into the living area where Sakura and Naruto were asleep in sleeping bags. Naruto was snoring loudly, and she smiled at how much he looked like Minato. She walked into the living area and sat down on the couch, near where the third member of the Kakashi's squad, the Uchiha, was.

"How long have you known Kakashi." Sasuke said, and Meiko looked over at him with a serious expression.

"My entire life."

"So you're from the leaf?"

"Yes sir." She replied, relaxing back into the couch. "Have you ever heard of the thirds daughter? The one he sent away to help other villages?"

"Yeah."

"That's me." Meiko said with a small smile. "My name is Meiko Sarutobi, and I'm the daughter of the third hokage."

"How do I know you're telling the truth?"

"I guess you don't, do you?" She said with a laugh.

"So, your son, is he Kakashi's?"

"Yes, he is. Taka Hatake."

"Why did you name him Hawk?"

"Don't know, I just liked the name. I mean, Kakashi's name means scarecrow so I threw around crow for a while, but I didn't like it as much. So I chose Hawk." She explained, and Sasuke nodded slightly.

"Does he know about Taka?"

"He does now." She said, slightly ashamed.

"Hn." Sasuke replied, and Meiko closed her eyes, drifting to sleep soon after.

//////

Meiko woke up, and surprisingly it was the first time that Taka hadn't been the one to wake her up. No, this time she woke up on her own time. Meiko sat her head to and looked around the room slightly to see everyone except Taka and Kakashi sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast.

Meiko pushed herself off of the couch, only slightly noticing that her leg was off balance. She walked through the hallway to the bedroom she had left her son with Kakashi was.

As she entered the room, she smiled at Taka and Kakashi laying on the bed, only slightly awake. Kakashi opened his eyes as he stared at Meiko, obviously tired.

"Did he wake you up?" Meiko asked, and Kakashi nodded slowly. "Welcome to the world of having a child." She laughed quietly as she walked over to the bed and sat down beside of him.

"Is it like this every morning?" Kakashi asked with a raspy voice, and Meiko nodded slightly with a chuckle.

"Every single one." Meiko said, showing him a big smile.

"Meiko I want to talk to you about something."

"What is it?"

"He's my son too. And I want to be there for the rest of his life, Meiko. I'm not going to sit back and let you finish this by yourself. Move back to Konoha."

"You say it like I don't have a choice in this."

"Honestly, you don't." Kakashi said with a stern expression.

"Fine." Meiko replied.

////

chapter 3!'