Extra (Not Part of the Book)

This is just what would've happened if Skyler and Asher hadn't fought:

It ended up I was early for the bus. I was waiting outside in the cold for five minutes. Don't ask me why, but it is freezing in September.... and fall isn't even over yet. I was considering going back inside the house to get my fluffy coat, but then I decided against it because I really hate fluffy coats. So I was just waiting there in the cold , sitting on the curb thinking about what that girl had just said, when my fluffy coat landed on my lap. I looked up and saw my brother standing there smiling at me with his old fuzzy Diego blanket around his shoulders. I stared at the blanket quizzically as he plopped down next to me.

"Memories." he said and left it there. I began to think back to when we were kids and glared at him remembering the day he got that blanket. Then I smiled because I remembered how cute me and my brother were. Whatever had happened?

 Whatever had happened?

We were standing in the home goods section of Walmart looking up at the blankets on the shelf

We were standing in the home goods section of Walmart looking up at the blankets on the shelf. Our mom was looking for the supplies we would need for school, me being in Kindergarten and Ash being in 6th grade. At the time Ash was already my idol. I did whatever he did, and watched in awe as he performed dares given to him by his friends. That's why I NEVER say no to a dare. I'm still trying to be as good at dares as he was.

Anyway we were standing there and some random guy came and grabbed the blanket I had wanted. It was a blue and orange Diego blanket with with Diego and his sister on it (sorry I forgot the name of the sister). I began to cry and point at the blanket (don't blame me I was 5), stupidly we didn't realize that there was another one on the shelf. So, Ash went and grabbed the blanket out of the man's cart. He tied it around his shoulders and ran out of the aisle, the makeshift cape blanket dragging behind him on the floor. The guy turned around and started screaming at him until he realized that there was no use. He gave me a small smile, grabbed a different blanket off the shelf, and then he was gone. I never saw him again.

After he left I ran after my brother and watched as he ran around the store yelling, "Superman!", even though he was 12 and way too old for that. I laughed and began to yell,"Wonder Woman!" To tell you the truth I have no idea how I used to love Wonder Woman. She's just not as appealing to me anymore. My mom found us and bought the blanket. When we got home, I sat patiently waiting for Ash to give me the blanket, but he took it to his room claiming it was his. I was really mad at him, but seeing as he was my idol I could never be mad at him for more than a minute when I was younger.

I laughed as Ash sat down next to me and wrapped the blanket around us both, still remembering his proud face when he claimed the blanket. Although later two of his friends teased him for having a Diego blanket. I guess he didn't throw it out after all.

I squirmed as he squished me in a big bear hug. He knows how much I hate hugs, it just reminds me of the expressions you can't see. The ones that are hidden from you, just like the hugger's face. I got out of the hug and looked, really looked, at Ash and even though I knew he would say he was okay, he wasn't. He was hurting, his mind reeling as much as mine from our mother's death. Whatever that girl said didn't help much.

I turned around and saw the bus coming down the road. Seeing this as my chance to annoy Ash and make him happy and his normal, annoying self I turned back around and punched him hard in the stomach.

"That's what you get for stealing my blanket." I yelled as I ran up the buses steps, looking back only to stick my tongue out at him. I smiled at the familiar bus driver as I walked down the aisle and sat at an empty seat.

"No prob Catty. Just wait! You'll never want to do that again." he yelled back. Ugh great. Now people are going to thing that he's my boyfriend or something. Sure enough a girl from behind me leaned over the seat and whispered to me, " You are so lucky!"

"Me? Lucky? Pshht, as if me getting beat up by my brother is lucky." I said to set her straight. I turned around and sure enough her eyes had widened. I turned towards my brother behind the window.

"Go find yourself a friend, ugly!" I yelled and smiled in satisfaction as he didn't reply back. The bus driver, who I now know is named Creagan (because he's wearing a name tag), drove off smirking to himself, his blue eyes twinkling.

 The bus driver, who I now know is named Creagan (because he's wearing a name tag), drove off smirking to himself, his blue eyes twinkling

 I caught his gaze in the mirror and we smiled at each other. Now I remember where I know him from, he's one of my brother's friends. I gazed out the window looking at the unappreciated scenery of the drive, knowing that my brother would be okay after all.

Author's Note:

Hey guys! I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate every time you read what I have of my book so far. I know that I don't have many reads, but I wanted to let the people that do read my chapters that I appreciate it. I love you guys. Just please spread the word of my book to people who you know, people who you don't know. I just really want to get the word of my book out to people. Know that if you have a book that you want me to spread the word of, just say it in the comments and I will spread the word.