Chapter3:From friend to foe to true friend

This chapter almost made me cry while I was typing it for some weird reason. So, don't weirdly cry some where in here!

Night came & Jack carefully carried Ivy to the bed room that she was staying in 13 years ago. He looked at Ivy's face as he put her down on the bed & pulled the blanket over her. Bunny came in with Athena & put her in the other bed across from Ivy's bed. 

"Jack," North said, "you can stay in here & watch Ivy & Athena if you like." Jack looked at North from Ivy's bed.

"Sure." he replied. North nodded & left the room, leaving Jack alone with Ivy & Athena. Jack jumped up & pulled a chair over to the door & sat in it backwards. 

After a few moments, Athena awoke & slightly moved her head to see Jack in the chair & Ivy asleep. Jack didn't notice Athena move. "I'm sorry, Ivy." Jack shut his eyes for a moment & turned to Ivy. "Why did you leave us & go to Spain? I tried to find you, but you were hiding." 

There was a long moment of silence as Athena stayed still, listening. "I'm here now." Ivy moaned making Jack & Athena jump. "Yes, yes you are." Jack gave a smile, but it faded away. "But why did you me? Us?" Jack corrected as he twirled his staff being nervous & not knowing that Athena was listening. 

"This might seem childish, but I left because I saw you drawing pictures of you & Tooth kissing." 

"What?" Jack asked as he raised both eyebrows & his cheeks turned pink. "I never-" 

"Don't lie." Ivy said darkly.

"No, I swear, that wasn't me!" Jack said louder.

"Shhhh!" Ivy hissed. "Do you want to wake Thea?" she said not even knowing Athena was listening.

 "It wasn't me." Jack said more quite. "It was Aunt Fearling! We chased her off once we found out you you were gone." 

"Really?" Ivy asked feeling better & embarassed at the same time. 

"Positive." Jack said & his smile returned. 

"That makes me feel alot better!" Ivy giggled feeling even more embarassed. "Goodnight, Jackie." 

Ivy slowly feel back to sleep, snoring softly. 

"Thea," Jack said, "I'm sorry about all of this. Sorry that we couldn't take you away from Pitch. But he got stronger in a short time. I'm sorry he used you & your brother like that." 

Suddenly, Athena jumped up once Jack had mentioned her brother & yelled. "Isaac!" She ran for the door. 

"Hey! Thea!" Jack yelled back as he rushed to get her, grabbing her arm. "Hold up! He's fine. Look at me, he's fine." Jack said as he turned Athena around so that she could see him. "Ok? You got that? He's perfectly fine & he's getting his sleep. You can visit him in the morning." 

Athena avoided his gaze & replied "Ok." 

"Now go back to sleep." Jack put Athena in bed & went back to his chair. Athena fell asleep again & soon after, Ivy started to moan & was turning & tossing her head over & over, her breath going faster each time. 

Jack noticed her & rushed over to her to see black sand swirling around her head. Jack shot the sand with his staff & the sand flew to the other side of the room, frozen. Ivy gasped & shot up almost bonking heads with Jack. 

"Ivy! Ivy!" Jack whispered. "What's wrong?" 

"It was horrible!" Ivy whispered as a tear formed in her eyes. "I was running in the woods & I saw my old nightmare wolf, Phantom, next to me fighting off other nightmares as we ran & then suddenly he wasn't there. I found him, but he told me to run & when I did, I heard a howl &-"