Chapter 14

Isabel's POV

I hope Cole has figured out that Candace is the imposter. I've been here for who knows how long I've been down here. I have a feeling that he won't even know. I was in a cell that had a window. I looked out the window and saw people walking around. It was daylight and the sun was the only light besides the torches on the walls. I heard a door creak and saw a tall figure approach my cell.

"Hello Isabel", Candace said.

"What do you want?", I asked.

"Do I have to want something to come see my best friend?", she asked.

"Yes you do. Oh for crying out loud you locked me in a cell. I don't deserve this", I said.

She walked closer to the cell. She stared at me and her face began to get red.

"Alright listen. I'm not gonna have you ruin the plan I've had for 3 years. I've worked to hard to get this far and I'm not gonna have some bratty little vampire get in my way", she said.

I felt my face get hot and red.

"No you listen. I'm not gonna just sit here and let you do this to Cole. He has no idea I'm missing. Once he does he'll rip you apart", I said.

"Well how's that going for you?", she asked.

I didn't say anything. She was was right.

"Exactly. Besides, I heard that the queens necklace contains power. Doesn't this family have a tradition where each queen gets a necklace passed down to them. If I recall, I'm gonna be the next queen so it'll be passed down to me. So once I get my hands on the necklace, I'll be unstoppable", she said.

"Thats where you're wrong. I'll be out before the wedding", I said.

"13 days away", she said as she walked away.

******************************

Candace's POV

I walked out the dungeon and went back upstairs. One of the servants had been looking for me to tell me breakfast was ready. I followed her to the dining room and sat across from Cole.

"So glad you could join me Isabel. I had this planned out for awhile now", he said.

"Well I've been thinking about something. Something important", I said.

"Excuse me. Prince Cole. I have something to tell you", a girl voice said.

I looked to see who it was and found out it was that Carly girl from yesterday.

"Sorry Isabel. I'll be right back", he said.

******************************

Carly's POV

I led Cole out the room and drug him far away from Isabel.

"Cole. I told you she's bad news. I found something in you room while I was cleaning", I said.

I took out a piece of paper and showed it to him. He looked at it with wide eyes.

" How do you know this came from our room?", he asked.

"It has your cologne scent on it", I replied.

"Well I thank you for keeping an eye on her but this must be a mistake", he said.

He gave me the paper and I put it back in my pocket. He wouldn't believe a single thing I said. He walked away and I stood there alone. If only he knew. I went in the dining area and stood by Isabel. I put my hand on her shoulder and felt her aura. It's getting darker and darker by the minute.

"Excuse me. I'm sorry to interrupt but can I see you for a moment princess?", I asked.

"Yeah sure", she said.

She followed me out the dining room. I took her as far as possible from Cole. We stopped in front of a huge door and I began to speak.

"You're not the princess. I don't know who you are but you're not the princess", I said.

"What gives you the right to speak to me that way?", she asked.

I stayed silent for a moment. There is no way anyone can do this except for. Oh no.

"I know who you are. Candace", I said.

"That's right", she said.

Cliff hanger. Find out what happens next. Comment if you think Carly will find the real Isabel.