You, the stars in the sky

Start from the beginning

the man hands yoongi the bottle, head low, looking as if he's trying to hide. well he really can't thanks to his ridiculously bright hair.

"that'll be twenty dollars, sir." yoongi says, and the man takes out some cash, a few coins, from the pocket of his worn out, dusty black hoodie. his head moves upwards to face yoongi, and he mutters a small, here.

yoongi counts the bills, two scrunched up five dollars and an ancient chinese coin. he sighs.

"excuse me," yoongi dares to say, "but this isn't twenty dollars."

the man doesn't respond, instead taking the money from yoongi's hand, putting it back in his pocket. yoongi decides to wait for what this guy has for him.

"sorry." the man says in a quiet voice, and he pulls out a new, fresh from the bank bill, worth fifty dollars. holy shit. where did that come from?

yoongi mentally shrugs, takes the money and puts it into the register. when he opens it again to get the change, the man stops him.

"no, keep the money. you need it." he mumbles, and yoongi blinks twice.

"is that even okay?"

"yes, it is. keep it. buy something nice for yourself tonight." and with the last roll of the man's tongue, he walks away, stars in a bottle in his hand, exiting the superstore.

yoongi blinks thrice.

he doesn't see the man again after four months.

jimin felt sad seeing yoongi like this.

jimin didn't like seeing yoongi curled up onto his couch, his only bed, with bottles of beer surrounding him as a way to wash and drain out all of his worries. he couldn't stand seeing yoongi like this. out of all the people in the world, the person he loves has to be in such a tight situation.

he didn't want to keep watching and waiting for something to go right for yoongi, because he knows that won't happen in a long, long time.

jimin wants it to come earlier.

yoongi hears a his doorbell ring, and he's absolutely reluctant to stand with the shattered pieces of glass around him.

he'll hurt himself, but he doesn't want to get up from this hell anyways.

his doorbell rings again, and finally, he decides to get up. he cautiously steps around, careful not to step on any stray pieces of glass, and eventually he lives to reach his door.

yoongi opens the door, only to see a man with bright orange hair infront of him.

"do you need something?" yoongi asks as politely as possible, fixing his messy mint hair awkwardly as he looks at the man.

"yoongi," the man says, and his voice seems so oddly familiar to yoongi, "yoongi, you shouldn't leave so much broken beer bottles lying around."

"huh?" yoongi chokes out. the man can't see past his shoulders, which definitely means he can't see into yoongi's apartment. "excuse me?"

"i'm sorry, i have to go now," the man says again, speed walking away. yoongi scrambles to make it out of his apartment, barefoot while chasing after the man. his feet hurt when they make contact with the rough surface of earth, and in that moment yoongi has never felt so human. yoongi manages to tug at the sleeve of the man's jacket, pulling him back.

"how do you know?" is all yoongi says, in such a small and tiny voice. he didn't plan on chasing after this guy, but somehow his body thought before his brain did.