i like fried chicken more than i like you

jungkook's a third-year in highschool. his pockets are practically empty and he doesn't even have nickels in his bank account. he just keeps spending the money of useless things - and now he's on the verge of bankruptcy.

one day after dance practice, he ended up stumbling down a hill, talking him to an unknown path he'd never been to (it's literally only a five minute walk from his house). the first thing jungkook saw when he gained consciousness, was a sign that said, 'hiring employees' at a fried chicken place. jungkook needed money and he thought this was the easiest way to get some.

but it was the middle of the night. so he decided to go tomorrow.

the next day, he jogged down the road to the chicken place. he needed the money. now, probably. jungkook wasn't really the most patient person. luckily it was open, he opened the door quietly and a bell rang as he came in, and he heard someone from the kitchen shout a "welcome!"

jungkook walked over to the counter looking around. it smelled really nice around, it smelled like really good chicken. he was kind of hungry too. jungkook quickly snapped out of his thoughts when he realized there was already someone standing at the register.

"hi," the man said. or boy. actually jungkook doesn't know, he's got a baby face and is really short. "what would you like to order?" the guy smiles.

jungkook fidgets, "uhm, actually i'd like a job here." he whispers shyly. the guy lights up brightly and ducks under the cashier. jungkook can hear the shuffling of papers. when the guy lifts his body, he hits his head under the counter.

"are you okay?" jungkook says, trying to stifle his laugh.

the guy laughs, "yeah," and he throws some papers onto the counter and slides them over to jungkook. "here's some forms you'll need to sign." jungkook nods, "um do you mind if i borrow a pen?" he asks. the man nods and hands him a pen, then jungkook signs the paper quickly and hands it back to the guy.

"you're in highschool right?" the guy asks. jungkook nods quietly and the guy smiles brightly again, "i'm park jimin, the manager of this place." he presents his hand to jungkook and jungkook shakes it briefly, quickly letting go.

"come back tomorrow for your interview." jimin smiles. jungkook turns away to analyze the form, then looks back at the counter. jimin's not there anymore; seems like he disappeared. jungkook shrugs his shoulders and exits the restaurant.

---

jungkook asks about the interview the next day, and the park jimin guy laughs it off saying he forgot about it and he just brushes the topic aside; deciding jungkook's actually going to start working the next day.

(jungkook thinks it's reckless)

(but park jimin is pretty cute)

(no, he is not)

---

"ah, jungkook!" jungkook hears as he enters the restaurant. jimin's carrying boxes and he has the biggest grin on his face. jungkook walks closer to him, and jimin sighs.

"mind helping me?" he asks, and jungkook nods, he takes off his backpack and puts his phone in his pocket. jimin hands him three of the boxes, "just put them in the kitchen." jimin says before running off again. jungkook looks at jimin's small back disappear, and he sighs.

the boxes aren't that heavy for him(jungkook), so for him it's like a piece of cake when jimin asks him to place the other ten boxes out in the storage room in the kitchen. he meets one of his co-workers, taehyung, in the kitchen, preparing some chicken. jungkook politely bows then exits the kitchen, he can hear taehyung snicker as he leaves, and he doesn't know why.