Chapter 28: Personal Matters, Evil Twisted Plans and Alcohol

Steffi POV

Cam stays looking at me for a moment. Thinking very, very hard.  I swallow as his expression varies, from anger to sadness to determination then back to anger.

He takes a step closer to me. I gasp as my foot goes off the edge of the cliff, my right leg hangs off. Immediately I reach out and grab Cam's shirt.

His arms wrap around my waist, holding me tight, making me connect eyes with him while I breathe heavily.

I could've just died, thanks a lot

He pulls me closer to him, our bodies touching, and backs us up, taking us further and further away from the edge of the cliff.

I stay looking into Cam's eyes at he holds me close. I never wanted to hurt him. I'll always love Cam, he was my first love, that love will always be there.

He looks down to where his arms are wrapped around me and let's go slowly, I let go of his shirt and I breathe in.

He puts his arms to hanging by his sides. He looks up and connects eyes with me. I stare back into them as silence falls over us.

"I'm not giving up on us." He says keeping eye contact.

As I'm about to say something, he raises his hand to stop me, "I don't care if you're with Matt or not. I will not let this," he points between us, "Come to an end." He breathes out.

I open my mouth to speak, but he beats me to it again, "We both know we have something special." He swallows.

He turns around and walks to the log, sitting back down and looking at me, waiting for me to scold or yell at him.

I feel myself smile. He raises an eyebrow surprised, "You're not mad?" He questions.

I shrug and walk over, then sit down next to him, "I was gonna say," I connect eyes with him, "It's sweet." I nod.

He smiles slightly, "I guess, I hope you and Matt are.." He trails looking to the cove, "Happy, together." He looks back to me.

I chuckle, "I'd hope."

I feel his hand touch mine slightly. I look down to the ground, waiting to see if he'll hold it. My mind trails off.

I wonder if Matt's pissed off.. Could he be mad at himself for what he said? Or is he peeved that I almost slept with Cam back when me and him were dating? Is he mad that Cam ran after me? Is he pissed at me and Cam?

Cam connects our hands and holds my hand firmly. I look up to see him already starring at me, "I'll never give up." He whispers.

I breathe in shakily. As I'm about to say something he stands, "We better get back.. Matt might freak out and think we're doing something," he walks to the car and opens the door, "Not just that but an hour drive back?" He gets in and shuts the door.

I breathe heavily out and look at the cove. The waves crash against the shore again. I smile to myself and stand up.

Countless times I have spent here. Hell, I've even stayed nights out here in a tent on the beach. I'd like to build a small treehouse or cabin here, but I haven't had the time. I smile and turn around, folding my arms due to me feeling cold a sudden.

I walk to the car and get in, "With me driving?" I say turning the car on.

I smirk to myself and put my hand on the clutch, "We can make it home in thirty minutes." I shift and back up, holding Cams seat as I look behind us and drive backwards, pretty fast might I add.