1 .:Departure and Arrival:. 1

"Sarina! Do not walk out that door!" my mother called out in her usual commanding voice as I marched, angrily, to the front entrance of my boringly grand house

"Sarina! Do not walk out that door!" my mother called out in her usual commanding voice as I marched, angrily, to the front entrance of my boringly grand house. Everything was bloody perfect and it was driving me insane.

My life was picture-perfect. I got everything I needed and wanted, but I was tired of it. Grateful, yes, but tired.

Everything was wonderful, just to a fault. Was I lucky? Perhaps you could say that, but would you really consider an only child that was home-schooled their entire life, lucky?

From pre-school to college, I was forced to do everything online or have private teachers. It was hell. The only friends I had were the people that I mingled with online that went to the same school as me. My parents told me I had plenty of friends, but their co-workers are not my friends, or the men and women that my parents introduced me to at dinner parties.

"Watch me," I said in an even tone when I stopped in front of the door to look at her.

She was just at the bottom of the regal stairs, looking flushed in her summer dress. Her face was red with anger and frustration, and her small hands were balled into fists at her sides. I was almost a splitting image of her—almost. The only difference was my light brown eyes, light honey colored skin, and brown hair that I dyed blonde ombre. She nearly had a heart attack when she saw it.

With one final look at her, I wrenched open the overly fancy door and almost ran out, happy to finally be free. I got in my brand new black mini cooper that my father just recently got me for my 23rd birthday. I was spoiled to the bone, but I wasn't a selfish brat like the kids I saw in movies.

I looked at my house through my rearview mirror and pushed on the gas a little more. On the outside, my life was perfect, but on the inside, it was the perfect hell.

My mother had a horrible past, so she felt that it was her duty to protect me from the world because the world was, supposedly, an "evil place". As you probably already know, I'm still a virgin. I've never had a boyfriend and never had sex. I've never even had my first kiss, for crying out loud! I felt so lame. As if I've failed at becoming a woman. I did make efforts to have a regular life. I applied for jobs and tried to make friends, but my mother kept telling me that I have everything that I need at home and insisted on keeping me there. I never told her about my desire to leave home because I knew it would drive her up the wall and down the street, maybe even to China.

As a kid, I had a tight schedule. My mother had me do things that I felt were pointless for a child my age. It all felt so petty and because it was mandatory, I couldn't properly enjoy what I was doing. I do remember cooking being fun, though.

Cooking and baking are my strong points and I didn't mind the classes every Tuesday and Thursday. Every now and then, my mother and I would whip something fun up together and that was the only time we got along because it was the only thing we genuinely had in common. She never gave the time of day to learn about me; always forcing things on me.