Leo rolled his eyes, “You already asked me to get to know her last night and I still don’t like her!” he snorted, “I want to choose my own friends. Can’t I just do that?”

“Of course you can chose on your own, sweetheart, but I just want to make sure you’re choosing the right person,” soothed his mother, “I want you to be careful in choosing friends, especially girls. They could manipulate you in getting what they want especially those models.”

So, he thought, his mother knew about him that he’s gone to the backstage, “We didn’t go to see the models, mother!” he told her rolling his eyes, “We went backstage to meet Andrew’s schoolmates who models some of the clothes last night.”

“Who?” his mother asked, “The Edward’s daughter?”

“Yes,” Leo nodded munching his toast.

“So, she went to the same school with Andrew?” she asked again.

“Yes. She and her friend, Luna,” he told her.

“Luna?” his mother queried, “Oh, the other girl,” she said in a disgusted tone.

“You know her?” he queered.

“Not really but I know who she is,” his mother bluntly told him.

“You do?” he asked again, “Then why was she not invited to our party?”

She gave him a shocking look, “Invite her to our party? Are you crazy?”

“Why, not?” he questioned.

“It’s not her place to be at our party,” his mother arrogantly told him.

“What do you mean by that?” he raised his voice.

“That’s what I really mean!” his mother said to him, “She doesn’t fit to be in our house.”

“Why not?!!” he raised his voice again angry with his mother attitude.

“Because,” she fiercely told him, “Her mother is our maid. She’s Maria’s daughter!”

“So, what?!!” Leo asked her angrily, “I just couldn’t understand you mother. You always like to differentiate between people, between the rich and the poor. What? The poor has not feelings? No dignity? Aren’t they human?”

“Of course they are human but they nuisance. They don’t know how to behave themselves unlike us,” she told him proudly.

 Leo shook his head unable to believe what he had just heard from his mother’s mouth.

She glanced at his angry face, “Leo, you are still young, honey. You don’t know what these people can do to you,” she said softly trying to coax him. “They will manipulate you into getting what they need.”

“Whatever,” he bluntly told her uninterested to listen anymore.

“I want you to be careful with these people. I want you to stay away from Luna,” she warned him.

“What if I don’t?” he stubbornly asked her.

“I’ll ask your dad to send you back to Boston to stay there until your college open,” she sternly told him. “I’ll even ask him to cut your allowance and take the car away from you.”

He rolled his eyes at her, “You know I’ll do that, if you don’t listen to me,” she warned him again.

“I know that mother!” pressed Leo, “You don’t have to worry!!’ and stuff the food into his mouth hinting to his mother that he doesn’t want to talk about it anymore. 

Leo could feel her eyes still watching him but he just ignored her. There was silence for awhile until she speak again, “What are you doing today?”

“I’m going out with Andrew,” he told her without looking at her.

“Where to?” she asked again.

“Somewhere,” he bluntly told her. He wipes his mouth, pushed the chair angrily and leave.

He was so pissed off with his mother. He couldn’t understand why his mother acted that way towards people who are less fortunate than them. Damn with her, he thought. He’s not going to give up seeing Luna. He’s not going to stay away from her. He found the girl that he finally likes and he’s not giving up. He’s still going continue seeing and meeting her not matter what or how.

He and Andrew arrived at the Mira’s boutique right on time but they were unable to see both Luna and Nikita as the girls were busy at the backstage. There were many guests which mostly were women. Leo and Andrew purposely chose to seat at the far end corner of the stage, away from everyone. They were talking to each other ignoring the rest of the guest when someone called Leo’s name.

Leo turned around, “Damn, shit,” he cursed and Andrew cast him a weird look. “It’s Lindsay,” he told Andrew and pointing at Lindsay who’s approaching them with her friend.

“Hey Leo, I never expected you to be here,” she said happily in her high pitch voice.

Leo rolled his eyes at her, “I didn’t expect to see you here too,” he smirked.

“I was invited to the opening yesterday by Mira the designer,” she told him proudly. “I love her dress and really interested to buy one or two for myself. Since you are here maybe you could help me choose,” she smiled.

“Sorry, I have a bad taste in woman clothes,” Leo told her bluntly, “Anyway I don’t think my date would want me to do that,” he added.

Lindsay eyes went wide opened, “Your date?” she asked in shocked looking around her, “Who? Where is she?”

“She’s one of the models,” he told her proudly, “She will be modeling some of the clothes today too. I’ll introduce her to you later,” he smiled.

Lindsay smirked hearing Leo’s reply, “Yeah, sure,” she responded back uninterested.

“Leo! Andrew!” someone called and both Leo and Andrew immediately turned his attention to the caller.

“Shit,” they both cursed at the same time.