Pretend.

25/11/15

Can we just start over? As if we've never spoke before.
Learn to get to know me, like you haven't heard it all before.

Let me ask you your favourite colour even though I know the answer, let me tell you mine, even though you have it memorised.

Tell me about your dreams and the person you wish to be, I've heard it all in detail, but I'd be happy to hear it again, it doesn't bother me.

Tell me about your passions, the things you care for most, you can rant for hours, because it's your voice that I love the most.
Pretend that I didn't say that though, because we are starting anew.

Sing your favourite song even though I've heard it a thousand times before.

Tell me your likes and dislikes though I've heard them all before.
Explain to me in detail the person you want to meet.
The person you want to love you.
The person who you believe will set you free.

Tell me about your interests, the things that make your heart soar.

Tell me every little thing, because I always want to hear more.

Pretend that we were not lovers, we are just friends getting to know each other once more.

Pretend we are not broken, by the things between us we wish we could ignore.

Pretend we don't have a past, let history be repeated.

Because I would do it all over again with you, trust me when I say I mean it.

So can we start over? Pretend that you don't know me.

I wish you could give me the chance, to finally see all of me.

I don't want you to run and hide, I don't want you to be scared, I don't want to hurt you, no matter what you heard.

That person that you spoke to, let's pretend it never happened.

Let's pretend this is the first time.
So that I can make it right again.

So pretend that you don't know me, if it helps to keep you in my life.
I hope that maybe one day you'll see, it's because of you that I am the real me.