Chapter 8: Bridget.

Start from the beginning

"Well, some poor soul screamed loudly when the lights flicked off for a moment," She smirked through her eyes at me though her lips remained unmoved.

I narrowed my eyes at her and accused "You like annoying me, don't you?"

She immediately bobbled in laughter raising my pulse rate. "You should have.....heard...your screech." She managed to cough the words out.

"Just shut up and get to the matter," I grumbled.

"Okay, okay. Listen to me. Samuel coming here is not bad." I interrupted her with, "Yeah Lord Voldemort getting hold of Harry is not bad." I added an eye roll for extra effect.

"Let me complete my sentence, will you?" She hissed.

"Okay okay." I raised my hands in surrender.

"Look, things with Samuel didn't end up well for you. You both still have differences which need to be solved. You need to get a closure in order to move on from him. You need to close this chapter in order to open a new chapter. Talk to him, sort things out and try to be civil towards him. Don't think of killing ideas as soon as you lay your eyes on him. Okay?" She warned me, her eyes containing a flicker of a challenge to cross against her statement.

I began to mull over various possibilities when I cross paths with Samuel. Sure, my first instinct would definitely be a fight. But that was not people consider maturity as.

I should manifest Samuel that Bridget is a new person. There no longer is the naive Bridget he left behind, now she knows how to protect herself. She has developed in past 5 years and now is Sofia.

"I guess... you are right. I need a closure with him. Even if we meet in near future after his visit, I should not castrate him to death."

"I knew you are a very intelligent girl and will understand whatever I have to say." she patted my head. A tinge of a smile played on her lips, but her eyes gave away the surge of happiness.

"Maybe even I would smile if you will stop treating me as a kid." I indicated her patting with the help of my index finger. She was of my age for crying of loud!

"Oopsy!" she giggled while I just stared her with a blank expression on my face.

*********

"Hey Ivanna, don't you think that it is a bad idea for me to meet Samuel. My parents should discard the idea of me greeting Samuel. That is not the fairest decision on their part," I said, "or is it?"

"I agree with Valery, dear Sofia. You need a closure with Samuel to start new," she said while struggling to style my hair in a bun.

"Don't stress yourself Sofia. At the end, everything is going to work out well." Valery attempted to raise my low spirits but eventually failed.

"Damn it, you shouldn't have gone for n haircut," Ivanna mumbled in frustration over my rebellious hair.

"Why don't you just put on a different hairstyle?"

"You think I'll do that?Huh...definitely not. You still don't know much about Ivanna, Sofia. If she wants something, she'll definitely get it. Even if your hair is going to trouble me." I let out a chuckle at her narcissist statement. I bet the end result of my hair definitely would not reflect a bun.

"So...did you speak to Alejandro?" The question was directed to Valery, I knew she heard me despite my low tone when she halted her actions and stiffened.

"I did, actually," she said, "but...it seems the feelings aren't mutual."

The quiver in her voice did not go unnoticed by me, neither by Ivanna. Everything has an appropriate time, so does this.