Twelve

Two days have passed since Theo marked me and I am still in horrible pain. Tomorrow the heat will come in and it will be even worse. I couldn't handle the pain last time and I doubt I will this time. Carter, Logan and Theo alternate in here so I'm never alone which is nice. Theo is hardly here which upsets me but he is Alpha. Hopefully he will be near well I'm in heat so I'm not in so much pain.

Emma comes in my room with an angry expression. When I ask her what's wrong she explodes.

"Alpha Theo is your mate!" She yells. She has been with Jess all week and she must have just gotten back. Unable to speak I just nod.

"So my brother was just a rebound. You didn't care for him you wanted to make Theo jealous. You're a bitch and I can't believe my brother died for you!" She says storming out. I know what she said wasn't true. Jason wasn't a rebound. I really liked him. And I didn't let him die for me. But he did. Oh god I'm a horrible person. How dare I just move on like that after Jason. I curl up in to a little ball of self pity and cry. And cry. It's ugly too.

When Theo comes in at eight like he usually does I'm still crying. He comes over to comfort me but I usher him away. I'm a slut and I don't deserve to be happy. Theo keeps asking me what's wrong but I can't stop crying long enough to answer. So I mind link him instead. I'm awful. Jason died for me and then I just go right to his best friend only weeks later. I say and sob out loud. Lily calm down. We are mates and Jason understands that. He wouldn't want you being so hard on yourself. Calm down. Theo soothes me. We haven't had to time to get to know each other or be a couple and I'm already so much drama. You don't deserve me as a mate I'm sorry. I whimper. I know it's true Theo needs someone strong and I'm a weak, pathetic mess.

"Don't say that. Never say that, you are amazing. You just need to calm down and get some rest." Theo says like sleeping is just going to answer all my problems. Sleep and I have never been on good terms and we aren't now. I close my eyes and pretend to be asleep for Theo's sake.

After a while Theo truly believes me to be a sleep and sits on the bed waiting. He doesn't get a book or turn on the tv he just sits with me. Then someone comes in and Theo rushes to the door. In a super sneaky way I peek at the girl. She's pretty and blonde and the girl Jason and I caught Theo sleeping with.

"Hey Theo. I was wondering if you wanted to grab something to eat." She said in a flirty tone I had to hold back a growl. She's flirting with my mate! I'm right here and she's flirting with him!

"Jane no. I found my mate." He says and I smile. Jane in a pout leaves the room. Theo sighs and sits back on the bed.

"You can stop pretending to be asleep." Theo says with a smirk. I roll on to my side to face him. My cheeks burn with embarrassment. Then before I can respond a warrior comes in.

"Alpha, rouges have gotten in we need you outside now." He says and rushes out. Theo shots me an apologetic look and bursts out. I sit and wait for him to come back. The entire time in a mix of panic and pain. The door opens and a smoke bomb is thrown in. I cough and wheeze well trying to move out of he way.

Two large hands grab me and drag me out of the house. Well being thrown in a large van and tied up I see Theo fighting. Before I can mind link him for help a needle stabs in to my neck. The drug works quick and I'm asleep. At least I'm not in pain.

********************************************

Two days later: (Lily is in heat)

I wake up with a hot pain in my lower stomach. I'm in heat again! I hold a hand to my stomach and cry out. It's so bad I don't notice someone has come in until they are right it front of me. It's a large man with an evil grin. He has a syringe filled with a green liquid. The man injects it in to my leg and the pain goes away. I relax for a moment before springing in to attack position. Only to quickly fall on my ass the man chuckles. My legs won't support me.