Thirty seven

I immediately go check his twitter to see if I was right. 

"Jack Gilinsky: Hey everyone! go check out my new song Distance on iTunes now!"

I knew he could do it. 

"Alexia Rhodes: Everyone go check out my good friend @JackGilinsky 's new song Distance! So proud of you!"

I hear Cameron holler at me from the kitchen and I snap back into reality and set my phone down on the couch. "What?" I call and follow his voice. "Dinner is ready." my nose fills with the smell of salmon. "You can cook?" I question not realizing how rude that may have sounded. "I mean , It looks yummy thank you." I sit at the bar and take a bite. Cameron stands across from me and eats his dinner with reluctance. "Are you mad at me?" He questions dropping his fork. 

I look and shake my head. "If anything I thought you were mad at me" I announce. "I am" His eyes lower. As he admits this my heart stops. I can't remember the last the time he was the one angry with me. "I'm sorry" I whisper slowly pushing my plate away at the sudden loss of appetite. "I don't know what's gotten to me. I won't act like that anymore" I give Cameron a reassuring look as I glance up. "You better not" He scuffs and turn to open the fridge and grab a bottle of water. 

I'm shocked at his cold attitude but I guess I can't be angry. As much as I want to worry about Cameron being mad at me. I can't get my mind off of Bella not signing the divorce papers. I don't intend on being selfish but this also affects my life. If she does not sign those papers Cameron and I would not be able to elope. 

"If you don't mind me asking, what are you going to do about Bella?" I ask. He violently sets his water bottle down on the counter and sighs. "The same thing i've been doing for the past three years. Nothing." His answer sets me back. "You're just going to stay married to someone who manipulated you?" I question but he seems to be done with this conversation. "Alexia if I wanted your opinion, I would have asked." Cameron places his dish in the sink and exits the kitchen. 

I don't understand why he is mad. I admit i've been acting a little off but it's no reason for him to behave like this. I rinse my dishes off and head upstairs. Walking into our bedroom I nearly bump into the wall. Cameron has turned off all the lights and snuggled into bed. I guess that means I will be sleeping on the couch. 

Quietly jumping over to our closet I flick the light on and grab an old tee shirt and shorts. "What are you doing?" I hear his annoyed tone and stop. "Getting my pajamas" I say and turn the light back on and head for the door. "where are you going?" He asks as he turns the lamp shade on beside the bed. "the couch" I announce and continue walking. "Alexia get in here" I hear him sigh and I retrace my steps back to the bedroom. He is now sitting up. 

"You're not sleeping on the couch" He shakes his head and pats my side of the bed. I am in need of his presence tonight so I don't resist. Cameron watches as I strip my clothing and slip on my nightwear. He flicks off the lampshade as I climb in beside him. "I'm sorry" I whisper. He makes no attempt to reply. 

Waking up this morning I see that i'm alone.  Cameron's car, keys and surfboard are gone so I can only assume he's out surfing. I decide that I want to have a productive day so I call someone who I feels deserves it. We arrange a place to have brunch and I get dressed. 

~

"Jack!" I shout as soon as I notice his sun kissed skin tone from across the restaurant. "Alexia!" He smiles jumping up from his seat to give me a hug. I notice from the corner of my eye someone else is with us. Turning over I see Nash. His hair is in a tightly pulled back bun and he wears a white tee shirt and black jeans. "Nash" I smile. He begins to smile and stands up give me a bigger hug than Jack. "I missed you so much" He says through our embrace. "I missed you too" I laugh as he sets me down. 

All three of us take a seat. "I'm so sorry for everything that happened-" 

"Nash, It's totally understandable" I give a warm smile and he nods his head. I begin to congratulate Jack on his new song and we get into a heated conversation about this year's digitour. Turns out Jack and Nash are hosting. 

After that I fill them in on the latest Cameron drama. "I have an idea" Nash smirks as he looks something up on his phone. "We can give an anonymous tip that Bella illegally forced Cameron into marrying him so she wouldn't get deported and now she wont sign divorce papers" Nash smirks grows bigger and bigger. 

"But would Cameron not get into trouble?" I question but Jack shakes his head. "Not if we make it clear that he was forced into it."

I look in the distance for a while. If Cameron found out it was me he would be pissed. "Okay, but under one condition" I sigh. "Cameron never finds out." The both of them nod and Nash hands his phone to Jack who walks to a quiet place in the restaurant. "So how are things?" I question taking a sip of my water. "Things are doing really good. My new movie 'Outfield' is releasing soon. Not in the theatres like yours did but it is having a release party, I would love it for you to come" He smiles and I obviously agree. Jack races back to the table and hands Nash his phone. I start to get antsy.

"They were very thankful for the tip" Jack assures me and my heart begins to beat at a normal speed again. "I just hope this fixes things" I smile. 

The three of us take a few snapchats and finish our meals. "I better be getting home. Cameron will be home from his surf soon and I was hoping to talk with him. "Sounds good" Nash says hugging me goodbye. "The release party is this friday, don't forget" He winks and I assure him that I won't. I say my goodbyes to Jack and jump into my car and head home. 

It feels good to have the marriage weight off my shoulders, especially since it wasn't me Cameron was married to. Hopefully this also helps with Cameron's stress I was scared it was going to drive us apart. 

I carefully park my car beside his and fish for my house keys on the keychain.

"Alexia?" I hear Cameron's voice from the kitchen and race in that direction. I see his reflection in this fridge and smile. Though, my smile drops as I see who is standing beside him. 

"We need to talk" Cameron demands. Bella lets out a sniffle.