Twenty Eight

"Chloe" his hand reaches for my face and my first instinct is to pull away, for the third time but I know if I make it a fourth the directors may start thinking about firing me.

Cameron's hand runs along my face and I close my eyes, remembering his soft, but firm touch. "I can't, it's to risky" I say, opening my eyes.

Cameron retracts his hand and I watch as he slides it back into his jean jacket. I am forced to frown at the lack of his skin touching mine.

"That's enough for tonight" The director yells and I sigh with relief. I jump off of the bed we were sitting on and start to walk downstairs and towards my trailer.

It's dark by the time I get outside. The street we are filming on is so peaceful and satisfying. The air is cool but just enough for a light sweater. I step inside of my trailer and change out of my dress and heels, exchanging it for leggings and Jacks grey hoodie. Grabbing my bag and turning off the lights, I open the door and nearly fall back in as Cameron stands outside of it.

He has on black jeans and a grey hoodie, much like the one I'm wearing.

"Yes?" I raise an eyebrow and slowly close the trailer door behind me. "I heard about Jack" Cameron blurts and I look up.

He watches me closely. "From who?" I question. "Nate" he nods and finally breaks his stare.

"Nate?" I lower my voice as I question him. "Yeah" Cameron stretches his back out and places a hand on his neck.

"We've been talking a lot lately"

I furrow my eyebrows together, not knowing what to say. "Well" I start. "I guess I will see you later" I wave and start to walk towards my car. The car Cameron bought me.

"Bye Alexia" Cameron voice echoes down the street. I turn around to see him awkwardly waving. I wave back with ease, but a smile still manages to creep on to my face.

As I walk back towards my car something feels off. It's more emotional. As I sit back in my seat I smile. I'm not left questioning why. I know why.

It feels like I've rewinded back to a year ago. When Cameron and I first met in that bar. But things feel different this time..

"I'm home" I call out to Nate as I step inside. "I don't care" Nate jokes as he comes into view.

The whole ride home I was trying to come up with ways to ask if Nate and Cameron do in fact talk... And why.

"Nate?"

He looks down at me and knits his eyebrows together. "Yes?"

I take a deep breath in. "Do you and Cameron talk?"

Nate bites in his bottom lip closes his eyes. "Yeah, but if that's a problem I ca-"

"No, it's not, don't worry" I give him a warm smile. "Where are you going anyway?" I question as he puts on his shoes and stands up. "Just out with a friend"

It's been a couple of hours since Nate left and I managed to find his stash. I pull out the large bottle of grey goose and start to rip off the lid. I take out a large glass and than some lemon aid from the fridge.

"Might as well" I say to myself as I dilute the vodka.

The sour liquid pours down my throat and with each sip, I start to feel less worried about Jack.

I hear my stomach grumble as I swig some more vodka back. That's when I decide to find the Cookie Dough Ben and Jerry's I hid in the freezer.

The thing I like most about vodka is your thoughts seem to just vanish. Your only focused on petty things. Like the amount of calories I just swallowed.