Twenty Five

"Okay thanks bye" I say quickly and hang up the phone. "What happened?" I run over to where Jack lays on the ground. "I don't know!" Nate yells. "He just started pulling at his shirt than fell to the floor"

"Call nine one - one" I shout, now starting to panic as Jack starts to go through what seems to be muscle spasms. His shoulders move up and down but his eyes remain closed.

"Jack" I yell in hopes he stops but as expected, he doesn't.

Nate comes back into the kitchen and throws the phone on the table. "Did you call?" I ask, he nods his head. "Yes, they will be here in ten minutes" he tells me than looks down at Jack. Doing nothing, completely nothing.

"Can you help me out here?" I shout but Nate shakes his head. I stand up and stand in front of him. Why didn't he trying to help Jack?

I feel infuriated. "There's nothing we can do" he simply says. Any kind of emotion that may have been in his eyes has been wiped. "What are you talking about?" I yell, louder than possibly needed. "Trust me" Nate takes a step back, leans against the wall and slides down on to the floor. "I've tried before, there is nothing we can do"

"What do you mean you've tried before?" I ask but Nate is gone. He stares at Jack who seems to be have violent muscle spasms. I turn around and look but I can't. He looks helpless, and as much as I don't want to admit, Nate and I can do nothing.

I hear a knock at the door. I know it must be the ambulance but I can't seem to move and my eyes can't seem to stay anywhere else but on Jack.

There's something about the morbid visions of Jack nearing death that is captivating me. Not in a positive way but negatively. As I sit here and watch him, I realize how selfish I am. I realize that the minute I let the fact that Jack might die into my head, the first thing that came to mind was "but he can't leave me alone here. He can't die, who will I have?

The paramedics clearly let themselves in. There must be at least six of them. Everything seems likes its moving in slow motion.

When the paramedics starts to panic, that's when I snap out of my weird state of mind and start to panic with them. Nate notices my distress and races to his feet comfort me.

He turns us around so I can't face Jack. "Is he going to die?" I blankly ask as Nate takes me into his arms. "Not this time" he whispers.

CAMERON'S POV

The Television isn't on. Why should it be? There is never anything good to watch.

My door bell rings and I stand to my feet, grabbing my credit card off of the coffee table than, making my way to the door.

"Twenty four - fifty" An older man says as he hands me my bag of Thai. I slide my card into the machine and when it's done I slam the door without a word.

I sit and indulge on my pad Thai alone. I can't say I regret acting the way I have towards people but I always thought I would at least have someone. And I did, I had Alexia but I fucked that up too.

With a slight hope, I dial Nash's number. Not much of a shock when he doesn't answer.

Alone.

I never really looked at being alone as a negative thing. But now I see that it is. I finally see it as I sit on my couch at twenty years old with no one.

Than it hits me. Well not really, I knew this all along, but it hits me that maybe I should give it a try.

Being nice is something I'm just not built for but I have - had friends and I can get them back. For instance. Nash, we were always good friends but I was too busy worrying about myself and lost him.

I need to let go of this life I've been creating for myself. I need to realize, now that Alexia is gone, I have absolutely no one. No one to put up with my bullshit and keep me company. No one to care about me willingly. I need to start proving to everyone that I'm worthy to keep around. I don't know why I just got this sudden change of heart but I know deep down that somehow it could win Alexia back, and all in all, she's the only person I will ever truly care about.

ALEXIA'S POV

They renovated the hospital since I've last been here.

Nate and I sit outside in a crowded waiting room. The both of us could easily be playing on our phones, or texting Jacks relatives. But we don't, we sit side by side, Nate's arm wrapped around me for support, and staring at walls, not saying a word for the past half an hour.

I think the two of us are in shock. We had to just sit and watch Jack jerk so helplessly on the floor while the both of us could do nothing. It was hard.

"So how long do you think he will be in here for?" I ask. Nate looks down at me. He looks as if he has been crying, but I have yet to see a tear drop from his eye. I guess he is just exhausted, as am I.

"I don't know" he admits, rubbing my back.

I think back to when Nate told me he tried to help before. And when I asked if Jack was going to die and he said not this time. I want to ask what he meant but a tall, male, doctor who looks as if he could be my age approaches, causing me to loose my train of thought "Are you two here for Jack Gilinsky?"

Nate and I both nod our heads. "Follow me please" he says as he turns and directs us down a poorly lit hall. We reach a door and the doctor sighs before opening it. I walk in before Nate.

Jack lays on the bed, eyes closed. Nothing is hooked up to him, monitoring his heart so obviously, my first reaction is, he's dead.

"No" I say backing away. "Shit" I hear Nate mutter.

Okay this was kind of a filler chapter so I promise chapter 26 will be up by either tonight after work or tomorrow morning. Any freaking ways. I finally saw fifty shades of grey. I was literally crying. Jamie Dornan is so attractive I was coughing up blood. But just a heads up. DO NOT see the movie without reading the book.