Chapter Twenty-one

Chapter Twenty-One 

Anticipation and excitement coursed themselves through his veins as he threw the door open at the slightest knock, catching Harry's hand mid knock, a smirk crossing his lips at Louis' eagerness. Louis' hand grabbed Harrys, entwining the two as he pulled him inside slightly, each boy grabbing a bag, grins crossing their lips at the truth. They were going to actually do this. They were leaving for good. They could be together. The feeling felt so liberating as their hands tightened around one another, eyes meeting and tears of hope and glee threatening to fall from Louis' eyes as Harry chuckled, walking towards the door and tugging on Louis' hand. With one last glance, slightly longing for his sister, for Eleanor and yet he was relieved that this part of his life had ended and they can start anew. 

The first step out of the house was overwhelming as Louis closed the door and his eyes caught sight of their escape. The car. Harry opened the boot and they both threw the bags into the back, among Harry's own scattered ones and they couldn't suppress the giggles of glee, both trying to stifle them as they weren't home free yet. Biting their lips, their hands reluctantly released one another as they climbed into the car. Louis glanced back one last time as the car started, his eyes skimming over the house he grew up in, the countless memories that he held close to his heart when his eyes glanced into the top left window, the light flickering on as the curtain was pulled apart. His eyes widened as he stared at Caroline, her eyes focused on the lavish car, he couldn't see her expression from her darkened face but he shuddered involuntarily. The car began to move and once they left the gates, Louis looked back to Harry, resting his hand on Harrys, holding the gear stick. 

"This is it, Boo..." Harry whispered, eyes shining in anticipation. 

"We're eloping." Louis chuckled, his eyes meeting Harrys as they turned through the streets of Manchester, hoping desperately that once they hit the motorway then that was it, nothing else mattered in Manchester. They needn't do anything to please other or to hide their love. They were truly and utterly free. 

--------- 

"Do you think they'll be okay?" Niall asked softly, his head reasting on Liams chest, listening to his pounding heartbeat, relaxing into his hold and pressing a soft kiss to his chest. Liam chuckled and kissed the top of Nialls head, his eyes staring down at his love, a smile crossing his lips in pure bliss. 

"Of course they will, they'll get away and live their lives happily. Harry promised he would tell us when they'll be getting married. That we can come along." Liam replied, his arms wrapping around Niall protectively, squeezing his softly as Niall giggled in reply, turning his head and his chin resting on Liam, eyes still closed but a grin crossing his lips. Even though his senses had improved and he could now see shadows and lights, he wanted to see Liam like this, when they had their midnight talks, when his eyesight returned then he would finally be able to see him. Because he knew his eyesight would return. At some point soon, hopefully. Niall hummed softly. 

"...When do you think we'd get married?" Niall whispered, resting the side of his head back on Liams chest as he heard his breath hitch, a smile crossing both their lips as Liam stared down at him. His eyes began to water as he let out a small chuckle, Niall returning it at the thought. Niall would forever be his and Liam knew that, they both wanted to get married to one another and it would make both their lives if they could get married, if they could finally be each other's mentally, physically and legally. 

"Whenever we want Niall, if we could... I would propose to you right now." Liam replied, his hand playing with Nialls hair. Niall scoffed gently, flicking Liams stomach playfully. 

"Nuh-uh-uh. You, Mr. Payne, have to go extravagant when proposing to me." 

"Stop acting like Louis." Liam replied jokingly, rolling his eyes but settling into the silence. It was soft and comfortable as they simply held onto one another. "But, that's a deal." He added, Niall giggling and squirming in Liams arms as his fingers racked up and down his sides, tickling him.