Chapter Twelve

Mulai dari awal

I took a deep breath and washed the dishes in a hurry. He had a block of yellow post-its and a pencil on the counter. The first post-it had a half-written list. I teared it off, grabbed a clean one and wrote a thank you note with a smiley face. I placed the first post-it back on the top and stuck mine on the fridge.

Since I didn't have much time, I ran to my room again and brushed my teeth. I glanced at my reflection with a frown in my face. I looked like me. I wasn't even wearing makeup, and yet, Bryan gaze felt different. I must be seeing things where there aren't.

Bryan was already in the driver's seat when I reached his car. It was too early but I figured he didn't want anyone to see us arrive together. I was on the same page.

Thankfully, the building was empty as he parked on the back. "Thank you," I mumbled as we stepped off.

"Don't mention it." A small smile appeared on his face. "I mean it. Don't mention it."

Shaking my head, I grinned back. "I won't."

"Good." He flashed me that boyish smile for a second making my heart skip a beat. With a straight face, he added, "I'll drop by the list for today's ingredients on your desk in five minutes. You can finish the files in the meantime." And just like that he was back to being bossy Bryan again.

My grin widened. "Yes, chef." He smiled again as he unlocked the door and let me pass first.

The rest of the morning passed in a blur. Bryan and Tom made us chop what felt like an infinite amount of vegetables in different ways. Our dices had to look perfect from the little ones to the bigger ones. They made us repeat them over and over again. Especially the julienne the long stick─ and brunoise the tiniest dice ever Tom even measured them. Bryan said that it was probably the first thing we were meant to do at the restaurants and he wanted our cuts to be perfect.

Despite everything being back to normal between Bryan and I, my eyes wandered more than once to him. A lot. I tried not to, but it was like I was drawn to him in a way. I hoped that I'd be back to normal by Monday morning.

When the classes finished, Tom posted a restaurant schedule. They had divided everyone between the restaurants they had. My name was next to Monica's and Andrew's. We were going to a Japanese restaurant downtown. I smiled at the idea of learning how to make sushi.

"So we're a team, now?" Andy said behind me.

"I guess," I shrugged.

He rubbed his chin. "I wonder if they'll let us cook. I'm pretty sure they're going to make us chop everything. Maybe stir the rice or some shit like that."

"You're not supposed to stir the rice," I said in a know-it-all voice.

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes and playfully bumped into me with his shoulder. "Do you have plans for tonight?"

I stared at him like he was crazy. "Do you go out every day?"

Andrew grinned. "I'm young and reckless. What can I say?"

"And he has the hots for you." Monica crossed her arms as she reached us.

I scrunched up my nose. "He doesn't." She raised an eyebrow.

"Anyway," Andy stressed out, "Give me your number so we can message or something." I was glad to finally exchange phone numbers with my friends. Monica even created a group chat before Tom appeared by the door and urged us to finish our chores.

By the end of the day, my feet were, once again, killing me. I took off the uniform coat and folded it neatly so it could fit on my backpack. "Ready to go home?" Bryan leaned on the threshold of my little office.

"Yes."

"Good. Get some rest. Next week it's going to be harder."

I frowned. The fact that they kept it saying it over and over made me feel anxious. "I'm excited about going to the restaurant, though." I said as I finished packing everything in my backpack.

"That is exciting. Where are you going to?" My eyes cut to him. He didn't know? "Tom was in charge of that," he shrugged.

"I'm going to the Japanese restaurant, I can't remember the name right now, with Monica and Andrew."

Bryan uncrossed his arms, bobbing his head. His lips were set in a straight line. "Nice." His tone was clipped. He pushed away from the door. Rubbing the back of his neck, he stared at me. "Have a nice weekend, Jess."

My lips parted as I gazed at those mesmerizing eyes. "Thank you." That lopsided smile flashed for a second before he walked away.

Oh man. I was starting to like him too much, wasn't I?

I glanced at my phone. Maybe going out with Andy wasn't such a bad idea. I could use the distraction.

 I could use the distraction

Ok. So...who would you cast as Andrew??

Guys, I wrote a bonus chapter for Princess in Love for the Winter's Wattpad Block Party. Be sure to check it out, a lot of amazing authors are in and it's going to be great with giveaways and such.

Also...I think I sort of overused the images on last chapter, so I'll be posting a few at the end of the chapter so it doesn't interrupts the flow of the story (and I was going to put on Matt Bomer's pic because I just drool over him everytime I see him. But you know, Emma Stone is ok. I guess.) ;)

Do follow me on Instagram or Twitter (gabycabezut) even Facebook. My personal account is not longer personal :) hahaha

Have a great week and I plan to post more chapters this week!!!!