Captivation- Epilogue- Part 55

Beginne am Anfang

"There's heaps. I haven't told you how happy that's made me." Jared corrected her.

"I can tell how happy that's made you!" She teased. He gave her arm another gentle squeeze. Caitlin giggled. "You wanted heaps of kids, remember! So I know that you must be delighted!"

"I am." He looked over at her, "Ok, so why the restraint?" He knew she wanted children. They had talked about it. She had changed jobs within weeks of getting married. She took up a teaching post at a school for children with special needs, because as she put it, teaching in mainstream schools, after her last post, would not have suited her. So maybe she was worried about juggling her job and her pregnancy, for he was pretty sure she would want to work.

"I think that maybe we should make sure before we get carried away."

"Three sticks isn't confirmation enough?" Jared laughed gently.

"Let's just wait for the doc to confirm I am pregnant before we get carried away, ok?" Caitlin said and nuzzled closer. "And when we do find out, let's just keep it to ourselves for a bit, ok?" She sounded sheepish. "I just want us to have a bit of time, with just us knowing. You and me. Cause once my family hear about it, you can bet they'll have heaps of advice. And well, that's ok, but this is a life we will have created, you and me! So let's not tell anyone until I'm well past the three months, ok?"

"Ok." He kissed the top of her head. He knew she was worried it might be a false alarm and was therefore doing her best to keep a lid on her emotions.

She snuggled closer. "You sure you don't mind?"

"I don't mind. Are you really worried that you might not be pregnant?"

Caitlin should have known he'd see through her. "I want it so much, that I just want to be sure I haven't persuaded myself that I am only to find that I'm not."

It took Jared a moment or two to process that statement. Then he said gently, "It will be ok." He gave her arm a gentle stroke. He knew she was beating herself up about the fact that they'd been married over a year and she hadn't fallen pregnant.

Caitlin sighed and nodded. They had decided on their honeymoon that they would try for a baby. So Caitlin had come off the pill, and she had just assumed that as soon as she did, she would fall pregnant. But that hadn't happened. A year had passed. So now she was anxious that she might be having a phantom pregnancy, might have persuaded her body to ghost a pregnancy just because she wanted to be pregnant! She'd talked to her sister, Georgia about the fact she and Jared were trying for a baby, but she was not falling pregnant. Caitlin was lucky for not only was Georgia her sister but Georgia was also a doctor. Georgia said that sometimes the body took time to adjust when it came off the pill, and that Caitlin needed to relax, and not over think things! Easier said than done. Caitlin just hoped those three sticks were right.

Several seconds later Caitlin returned to her earlier question, "Did you ask Doug about that notice?"

Jared chuckled. "Yeah, he was in a foul mood all day! People kept phoning to congratulate him." It was a crazy day at the office. The only trouble was, if Doug was to be believed, and Jared was inclined to accept Doug's word, so the only trouble was that the notice was false!

"Well it serves him right for not telling us!" Caitlin snuggled closer. "I hadn't realized he'd split up with that cow!"

Jared knew whom she was talking about. "He has now!"

"What do you mean?"

"Tina stormed into the office, called him a two-timing bastard and despite Doug telling her that he isn't engaged, she had a hissy fit!"