Chapter 22

Love isn't something you find. Love is something that finds you.
- Loretta Young

________________________________________________________________

"Sit" the new face instructed. I found it strange that Afra hired a new set of makeup artists.

"What happened to the other ones?" I steered my body around from the chair to look at her as she sat on my bed. For the first time since this wedding began my house was empty except for my mum, who was around. Everyone had gone into the city earlier for their makeup and hair appointments for the dinner in a few hours.

"They were good" she shrugged as she bit the apple in her hand, "But these ones are exceptional. Just let them do their job and you'll see"

"Why don't you eat some real food you're obviously hungry" I looked at her through the mirror as the lady ran her hand through my hair to untangle the small knots

"Are you kidding me?" she exclaimed, "I did not just bend over backwards to get the best caterers in town to serve food at your wedding only for me to full my stomach with other food hours earlier. I'm saving my hunger"

I rolled my eyes t her dramatics. "Aren't you going to get ready?" I asked eyeing her comfortable position on my bed.

"I'm going to dress up at make up at home before I leave for the hall. I'm just stalling here because of Ya Akram's friends that have invaded every inch of the house. I don't like the idea of walking into that male disaster" she frowned. "In case you didn't know; your husband has loud friends. Get ready to tolerate them for the rest of your lives"

I chuckled. "Okay"

Afra sat there for another thirty minutes watching as my hair was being set and pinned. As I realized it was 4:30pm I kicked her out. She sighed before reluctantly getting her bag and walking out the house calling a see you later!

"Are you girls done?" My mum dropped into the room two hours later when all that was left was for me to slip into the gown that was waiting on the bed. She was dressed up and had come to tell me she was leaving. The dinner was meant to start by 7pm right after the evening prayers and it was already past 6:30. Being the bride I wasn't all fazed though, I was meant to arrive late, the perks of being the lady of the night.

"I was just about to get dressed" I informed her

"Okay Rahma and I are leaving" she said referring to her best friend who she was going with.

"Alright bye" I waved at her before she turned to leave.

I got up and my hair stylist and beautician stepped out so I could dress up.

I stood in front of the mirror seven minutes later admiring the red perfection. It was floor length made mainly with lace as I had requested and layered under with cotton. It was comfortable as it was gorgeous. The material for the head wrap was red and sparkly and beautiful and I loved it. I ignored the slight pain as the woman who was here to tie it tied it tightly over my ear making me wince. My smile didn't falter though as she corrected it and loosened it before taking it off. I then wrapped the simple veil over my hair and let it fall neatly down my shoulders to cover me before I put on the Head wrap back

I had no doubt that with the dress and the heavy rhinestones pulling it down, the jewelry set I was wearing, the five inch white and silver stoned heels, the matching white clutch purse that was a bit tiring to hold for long and the head wrap; I would be having a headache at the end of this event. But I didn't care; I wanted to look perfect, I had somebody to impress now. I felt the familiar butterflies begin to flutter around in my stomach.