Case 3: double feeling

The next few days were very hectic. First of all, we had to talk to every member of God's senses. Second, we went back to the old factory to find whatever we could find. And third, I went to the hospital every day. Jordan was recovering from the shot wound, he barely made it. I knew he had to go to jail for 1 year, only being part of God's senses but he will still my brother. He wanted to protect me, even after all what happened at home. Our parents came too, but when they came in I walked out immediately, I wasn't ready for another scene. Maybe one day I would forgive my parents but that day was not now. The Jeffersonian didn't have much to do in this case, although they helped where they could. Most of the time Jake came with me to the hospital and I saw Jordan and him looking at me when they thought I couldn't see it. The worried look in their eyes said enough, Jordan and Jake would be good friends. 2 weeks after the incident, Jordan got dismissed from the hospital but he would be taken away to prison immediately. I came in 15 minutes before some agents would come to take him. He was standing before the window, looking out over the city. It will take a while before I will see this as a free man again. He turned around and spreads his arms, I walked over and hugged him tightly. "I will come to visit you as much as I can." He kissed my hair softly. Thank you little sis... I know it will never be like the past anymore but I will try to be there for you... "First you have to survive prison before you make promises to me." He smiled. I know... but I will survive. Don't think that you are the only one who can be strong. I grinned but then buried my face in his chest. I felt tears coming up, Jordan walked back to the bed and took my in his lap. There we were, brother and sister. We stayed like this until the agents come. "Jordan... I got something for you." I took out picture and gave it to him. It was the one I took from my bedroom, I copied it for myself and gave the original to him. "So you won't forget me..." He gulped and pulled me against his chest again. I won't ever forget you... but thank you Nora... thank you so much. He kissed my forehead, then he was taken away. I felt empty inside, but I knew that I couldn't do anything against it. The way home in the taxi was over in a few minutes, but it felt like hours. Stan didn't say a thing when I walked in and I didn't even greet him. It was funny, I was strong enough not to break at torture, kidnapping or rape, but when someone else I cared about got hurt I broke. I walked into my apartment when I smelled some Chinese food. Booth was standing at the window. Jake has to evaluate some things and I thought you didn't want to be alone tonight. I smiled lightly at him. "Thanks Booth, this means a lot to me." He walked over and hugged me. I know it is hard... but your brother will be fine, I am sure of it. "He is in prison because he wanted to protect me. That is one of the things you don't have to be in prison for." But he took the wrong way to protect you... I understand his intentions were good but he committed crime Nora. "I know that, but I feel like it is my fault." Never... He doubted for a second. I spoke to some people... maybe Jordan will be in jail for only 6 months if he behaves. I hugged him even tighter, feeling the weight drop from my shoulders. "You are amazing..." Booth smiled. Come, we have to eat before it gets cold. I chuckled and together we ate. When Jake came home at 11 PM, Booth was still there but I already felt asleep, sleeping peacefully after a few days of almost no sleep.

TO BE CONTINUED...