Case 2: The culprit

We ran quickly to Jake's car while I was calling Booth, but I got his voicemail. "Booth, with me. I know where Nina and Lauren are. You'll have to come to the tennis club quickly so we can go together. And why don't you pick up your bloody phone!" Jake quickly started to car and we drove to the tennis club. A few minutes before we came there Booth called me back. "Booth, why didn't you pick up your bloody phone?" Because I was talking with Mr. Dever, I'm already at the club. "Good, I'll be there in 5 minutes." I hung the phone, then I looked at Jake. "I'm sorry you have to drive me there... That's okay Nora, you needed it. He took my hand and squeezed it. "Well, tonight same time same place?" Am I allowed? "Are you going to ask that every time?" Probably... He grinned. "I gave you a key, of course you are allowed." We arrived at the club and I gave him a quick kiss no one noticed. See you this evening then. I nodded and stepped out. "Thank you again Jake, I hope Bones won't kill you." He chuckled. You'll know that soon enough because that would be the only reason why I wouldn't be there tonight. I laughed and closed the door, walking up to Booth who was leaning against his car. "And you were here all alone because...?" Because I got a warrant to see all the financial things, especially those from Mr. Trancy and it is all true, he has debts here. "It could be a motive..." Are you sure you know where the girls are? "I'm sure" Then let's go quickly. I already looked for the address and I gave it to him, he frowned seeing it. Are you really sure? "I am Booth!" He nodded and we got in the car, driving there. There it was, the big mansion of the Turner family. You think that Gabriël kidnapped his own girlfriend. "No, it wasn't Gabriël, I already checked his alibis for both the kidnapping and the murder and they are all true. His father on the other hand... and he said to me that he wanted Lauren and Nina somewhere else, because they would be abused. What would you do when your wife is dead and you only have one son, and that son tells you that his girlfriend and her little sister are being abused?" You want to save them... I nodded. "Exactly" We got out of the car, walked to the door and rang the bell. But after 3 times ranging no one opened the door. We walked to backside and looked inside the house, but it was dark. "What are we going to do now?" I sighed deeply but then I saw it, a little window close at the bottom. I looked inside and there I saw them, Lauren and Nina, close to each other in fear. Mr. Turner stood to them, laying a hand on Nina's shoulder, as I could see it squeezing tightly. They didn't notice me. "We have to go inside... now." Booth took out his gun. We don't know if he is a treat, so just as a precaution. I nodded and grabbed my own gun. We walked around the house, seeing no other options then kicking in the door. Booth nodded at me and stepped back. I looked at the door closely, seeing it wasn't locked. It was not a heavy armed door, so kicking it open wouldn't be a problem, just using the technic we learned. I breathed in one time, using all my power and kicked the door open. Amazing kick Nora! Booth walked through the living room, making sure it was clear while I took the second floor, which was clear as well. Nora, I found the stairs to the basement. Booth called out to me softly. I walked to him, he was waiting by a door. I raised my eyebrows as a question, going down or waiting for back-up. We had no warrant but we saw the girls so we had a motive to go down. Booth pointed down, I nodded and went first, Booth followed closely. After we were half on the stairs I heard Nina's scared voice. P-please Mr. Turner let us go... We didn't do something wrong. Mr. Turner's voice was even more scarier. You're right dear but you see it wrong, I'm only protecting you and Lauren. Your father was not a good man, even as your mother. We were only separated by a door, which was open. I peaked in without them noticing, he was stroking their cheeks. I'll make sure you two can live with me, so I can take care of you. And until then you can stay here. But don't be afraid, I already took care of your father, he can't hurt you two anymore. Nina started to cry. Are you the one who killed him? Mr. Turner chuckled. Yes I am... he had to pay for what he had done to you. I'm glad Gabriël told me what happened at your home, and you even came to me by yourself. Lauren just buried her face in Nina's chest, Nina's face was desperate. H-He isn't part of this... is he? He would never... Of course he isn't sweetheart, he would only try to stop me, that is how my son is... blind for solving a problem, just talking to easy the problem, just like his mother. I nodded at Booth, I couldn't stand this anymore. He nodded back and I walked in, my weapon pointing at Mr. Turner. "Stand back Mr. Turner... it is over now." He turned to me. But miss Grey, I told you how they are treated at their house, they can't live there. "it is not your job to take things in own hand then. We would have helped them in a better way." This is the only way miss Grey, Tamara would only have paid the lawyers to let them stay and they wouldn't be free. "But still it is not your job to take things in own hands. Booth stood next to me the whole time, but now he walked to Mr. Turner. Mr. Turner, I arrest you for the murder of Simon Trancy and the kidnapping of his two daughters. He turned Mr. Turner's hand on his back and put on some handcuffs, then they walked upstairs while I took freed Nina and Lauren, Nina hugged me tightly. How did you know? I smiled lightly. "Good listening. I promised you I would help you didn't I?" I turned to Lauren. "Are you okay?" She nodded and grabbed Nina's arm tightly. I heard that Booth called for the right people and with the three of us we walked upstairs, waiting for an ambulance to arrive. "Nina, I want you to listen very closely to me. They are going to take you two to a hospital, they are going to do some tests and then there will be some agents to take you to the office okay? I'll pick you two up there and they we're going to talk." She nodded. But only with you miss Grey... please promise me. I nodded too. "I promise." After 10 minutes the ambulance appeared and it took Lauren and Nina to the hospital. Some other agents already picked up Mr. Turner when Gabriël ran to us. What is going on here? "Gabriël... we discovered that your father... had kidnapped Lauren and Nina. And that he killed Simon Trancy." Gabriël looked shocked. B-but he would never... I... I... I laid a hand on his shoulder. "Go to the hospital, Nina needs you." He still looked like he could break in a minute, but he ran to his car and drove away. Will he be okay? Booth stood next to me. "yes, I think he will... he is a strong person." Let's go back to work for an interrogation then.

TO BE CONTINUED...