Chapter 52: Exposed

Começar do início

"He left? Where?"

"Left out me life! Gone, like the wind. Poof."

"Wait, he left you? Your engagement is off?!"

"I don't know, Gems, he left me with only a note and his ring on the nightstand. What do you think!"

"Harry, let's talk son. Follow me to the kitchen."

"Nope nope nope. I'm going home."

"Harry, its four in the morning and you can barely stand, you're not going anywhere."

"I want to see you fucken try and stop me."

Harry pulls his gun out and aims it unconsciously at his family, Anne gasping in horror. Gemma is crying silently but wraps her arms around her mum, pulling her back while the man steps inside the guest bedroom.

"Princess. Princess wake up. Time to go bye bye."

Harry trips slightly on nothing and ends up leaned over the bed, smiling down at Amelie. He takes another drag and pushes the child awake with his weapon, his daughter whimpering while she rubs her eyes.

"Wake up princess. Time to go home."

"D-Daddy? Where it go? Papa? Where it go?"

"Your papa is gone. Cmon princess, time to go home."

The man picks his daughter up with one arm, holding the gun under her armpit, hip cocked to one side. He glares at his mother and sister in the doorway, pleading for him to stop, and pushes them aside, stepping out.

The smoke from his mouth disappears in the windy morning and he laughs when Amelie tries to catch it in her hands, screams still heard from the patio.

He climbs into his SUV and places Amelie in the passenger seat next to him, the one Louis would have filled if he had decided to stay. She tries to glance back at her car seat but the man straps the seatbelt across her lap, ignoring the fact that she's not restrained in the safest way.

Amelie looks around her new seat and Harry begins to reverse out his mothers driveway, rolling the window down. He takes a quick hit and glances at the rearview mirror for any cars, laughing when he can no longer see white in his eyes.

He throws the Cig out and grabs the half liquor bottle sitting in the cup holder, a complimentary gift from the bar he had went to before deciding to head home. He drives onto the highway and observes Amelie while she clutches her little hands in front of her, staring at the man chugging the drink down.

"Milk daddy? Milk? Hungry."

She makes grabby hands and the man shakes his head, laughing before focusing on the road.

"Do you want to go to IHOP baby girl? We can get you some pancakes. As many as you'd like, anything for my princess."

"Milk daddy. Milk."

"Just milk?"

"Milk. Hungry."

"Alright. Well be home shortly then. I will make you some then."

The man focuses on the speed mileage and frowns upon only seeing the 60 mph hand tweaking, no cars in sight besides his.

"Hold onto your seat, baby girl. Daddy's gonna go a little bit faster so we can get home and get the princess, her milk."

"Milk!"

Amelie claps her hands and Harry smiles down at the child, hitting the pedal, speed slowly accelerating over 80mph.

The SUV is swaying side to side, Harry using one hand to drink and Amelie laughs besides him as her body slides from left to right, the speed affecting her position.