Chapter 1

Edith Pov

Today is the day I should see my new home for the first time. Allerdale Hall. I felt a little relived to get out of my old home, to escape all the memories of my dead father, and start my new life with Thomas. Sir Thomas Sharpe was a very charming man, who seemed to steal all women hearts at the first glace and now he was my husband. Thomas had warned me about the condition of the house and I made up my mind to restore it and bring back its former glory.

When I got out of the carriage Thomas and the coachman carried the luggage into the house. I followed them. Suddenly there was some barking and a little dog was heading in our direction. "Aww and who's this? You never told me about him or is it a girl?" I said happily bending down to get a better look at the bouncy creature. Thomas looked confused.

"It has a collar. Do you think it's a stray?" "Impossible. There's no house for miles and the town is half of a day's walk away." Thomas said wrinkling his forehead. "Well the poor thing is in a horrible state. Can I keep it?" "As you wish. But now my Lady, may I have the honour?" With that he lifted me up and carried me over the threshold into our new home. He sat me down in the foyer and called out for Lucille. He told me a bit about the house before he left to look for his sister who still hadn't shown up. I was nervous to meet her again. I knew nothing about her and now we were family. Suddenly the door behind me flung close I jumped, feeling a little lost in the now dark foyer. Taking a look around I found myself looking into a mirror. I should make sure I look presentable for Lucille, I thought to myself. A little while later the dog came running to me with a red ball in his mouth. "Hey you, where did you found that?" I ask him just then I noticed a shape of a person in the mirror. At first I thought it was Lucille but the figure seemed a bit odd. Still I called out. "Lucille?"

No answer, but the lady started to move away. Instantly I hurried after her but I wasn't fast enough so I just saw her disappear with the elevator.

Elena Pov

I let out a sigh. That was close, I thought to myself before falling back into my sadness. He did it again! He brought another girl here even through he knows how this is going to end...How could he? That's not the Thomas I used to know...why would he risk a life, her life, like this? I had to do something about it. But how? It's not like I could talk to her, Lucille made sure of that. I walked through the halls until I reached my favourite hiding place, the bedroom me and Thomas shared when I was still alive. He never comes here anymore I guess it pains him too much. I flooded through the door and took a nostalgic look round the room. I still remember all the loving hours we spend in here, all the times I used to fall asleep in his arms, all the happiness. And I remember how his eyes used to shine whenever he looked at me but now that light was gone and the darkness of this house swallowed him again. Maybe that girl could change something about that, I saw them together and for the first time he seemed happy not just acting like it. Maybe she could break Lucilles spell on him like I did those years ago; maybe she would finally take him away from here and give him all the happiness he deserved. I sat down on the bed, now covered in dust, and let out another sigh. The sound of water running pulled me out of my thoughts. The girl must be taking a bath.

Okay so this is the first Chapter on my new fanfic I hope you guys like it as much as I enjoy writing it! Its a bit short but I hope the next one is gonna be longer :D