Eighteen

I sway backstage, holding my phone up to videotape Tyler. He always loses himself in this song, it's sorta handsome.

"Give it up for Josh Dun on the drums!" He yells into the microphone, the crowd screaming an outrageous thanks. He begins to rap, jumping around the stage so unusually that his pants hang loosely around the his hips.

"Lean with it, rock with it," He raps, waving his arms wildly. His eyes dart everywhere, presumably trying to internally connect with every person who spent their savings for this moment. "When we gonna stop with it? Lyrics that mean nothin-"

"Tyler!" I scream, merely feet away. I doubt he'll hear me over the raging crowd, but he still manages to give me a side glance. He chuckles into the microphone and for some reason the crowd cheers to his wheezy laugh.

"Sorry I was thinkin' about Josh," He lies into the microphone, laughing more. "I'm always thinkin' about him."

The crowed erupts in screams and cheers, applauding Tyler's weird joke.

He begins to sing again, screaming that he will hold on. I jump to the song like a fan in the pit, moving my arms like Tyler and spinning around. A few crew members look my way but I could care less, I'm really enjoying it.

"I'm holding on to you!" I scream along, leaning my body forward to muster all my vocals into the lyrics. The song ended but both me and Tyler screamed, and I know for a fact he heard me. He opened one eye as he yelled dramatically into the microphone, cracking a smile at my stretched mouth.
~~~
Voices screamed, tossing around names like a crowd-surfing balloon. Tyler and Josh ran through the gates, avoiding the hands stretching so desperately out to them.
They gave weak grins to all their fans, obviously weary from the work out they've just performed.
I wave to the faces contorting at my sight, smiling widely at the immediately alert fans. They must think I'm relatively important, probably due to how close I'm walking to the boys. I slack on walking, slowing down to look around at the flashing lights and fans reaching out.

Sure, this hype isn't for me, but at least I feel important. I wonder over to some fans, shaking sweaty hands and signing small pieces of papers.

I'm suddenly shaken from my dreams, Tyler's rough hand gripping tightly on to my wrist. As I'm being pulled forward, a dark car pulls in front of us.

"Get in." Tyler tells us and we all scramble in.

"Where are we going?" I ask, shivering at the temperature change from chilly air to warm ventilation.

"Someplace fun." Tyler replies, giving me a side grin.

"I think you'll like it, it's somewhat childish... you know, like you?" Josh chimes in, nudging my shoulder. I turn and glare at him, scrunching up my face like I'm completely disgusted. The boys begin to laugh and I can't help but join in.

We drive up to a lit building, strobe lights filtering through the windows and kids running to the doors. I squint, looking at Josh and Tyler.

"Is this an arcade?" I ask, pointing my finger to the beige building.

"Yes, it is." Tyler says, smiling brightly. I smile widely, my weird teeth revealing themselves before I could stop myself.

I scamper out of the vehicle, running towards the building like I'm a little kid again. Maybe this experience could rejuvenate me.

I wait at the clear doors, rocking on the balls of my feet. I'm jittering from excitement, my arms shaking from the thrill of my childhood. God, don't have a panic attack of happiness!

"Okay, calm down Fido." Josh commands me, patting my head like I'm a dog. I brush his hand away, smoothing my hair down. I look back up at him, attempting a glare. It didn't work for me again considering his laugh that echoed through the buildings porch.

We walk in normally, nodding at the adults that looked at us. We acted as if Josh didn't have bright red hair and eyeshadow and Tyler didn't have black paint on his hands and neck, strutting straight to the desk.

As we wait for Josh I sense how uncomfortable Tyler is and I have a killer urge to wrap my thin arms around his waist. I stare at his back, wondering if I should.

I reach my arms out slightly, but not so much my arms are no longer bent. I stretch my arms a bit more, placing my hands on his hips.

He jumps a little at my touch and I take that moment to completely wrap my arms around him. He stiffens at my movement, probably a bit more uncomfortable.

Great job, Olivia, you made him feel worse!

I ignore the voice, lying my head between his shoulder blades. I feel a slight relaxing feeling, but his back muscles are still wound tight.

"Okay I got our tokens-" Josh's voice says loudly causing me to immediately release Tyler.

I place my hands on Tyler's back, slowly peaking from behind him.

"What's going on?" Josh asked, looking up from the receipt.

"Nothing." I lie, smiling. "Let's play some games, shall we?"