Two

"I have a great idea," He began as we sat down. I sipped on my cocoa, rolling my eyes at him.

"Josh don't even propose a new one. They're all the same. 'Oh 'Livia! I have a great idea! Let's make you happy and go to a theme park! Let's watch a movie! Let's go blah blah blah!'" I mimicked him, giggling when I noticed his shocked face.

"I do not talk like that!" He complained, his eyebrows raising.

I gasped dramatically, "I do not talk like that!" I countered back, in a deep weird voice. We laughed together, forgetting about the recent incident.

"'Livia-" He started again, cut off by someone walking in the room.

"Hi guys." A soft voice said. I half turned around in my chair, lending a small wave.

"Hey," Josh replies, barely lifting his eyes to him. Once his gaze settled back on me, he started to talk. "Olivia, I'm serious about what I'm fixing to tell you."

I nod in understanding. Is he going to lecture me into being happy again? He opened his mouth as if to speak, but then shut it, perhaps to gather his thoughts.

"Josh, this is just a waste of time." I told him, irked by the silence.

"I think you should go on tour with us." He said, searching my face for any sign.

I scoff at him, "Out of all the happy-go-lucky ideas you've had so far, this, by far, is the craziest."

"I'm serious! This would be good for you!" He exclaimed. I was enraged, can't he see I need time to grieve?

"Of course you think that! Everything's great in your world!" We argued back and forth, bickering continuously.

I guess we must've forgot to close the door, or Tyler must have, because my mother came bounding in.

"What's all the racket?!" She demanded. She eyed both me and Josh, this wasn't unusual. Josh basically was my brother, and my mom saw him as a son... after all her miscarriages I guess she just took him in.

"He wants to take me on some tour! What the heck!" I loudly complained, throwing my arms around to exaggerate.

"I really think it's could help get her mind off things. Loosen up, meet people?" He implied question to our- sorry, my- mom, as if he's checking to make sure his "facts" are accurate.
She thought this over, squinting her eyes at the ceiling and humming.

After a few moments, she spoke up. "I agree with him, Oli." I shake my head. "Oh hun, you're lacking in school and you're always stressed out! Now you could do homework in exotic places, relax, relieve stress, and most importantly- enjoy yourself." I stared at her, barely able to understand what she was saying.
Is it just me or did what she say almost not make any sense?

"Mom, I don't wanna be traveling across-" I turn to Josh and raise an eyebrow.

"North America."

"North America when I could just be laying at home! Mom, I'm not ready-"

"You're in college, Oli. I think you can survive traveling."

I sighed loudly. My mother and I's arguments made no sense. We had lacking counter arguments and I always gave in too easily. It was mess, and it was perfect in its own unusual way. Josh cheered, smiling like he just won an award.

"Hear that Tyler?" Both Josh and I twist around to see Tyler.

He nods, his eyes not leaving his phone screen.
When we turned back around, Josh grinned.

"Welcome to us."