Seven

With out much realization of it, I hum the tune of Migraine. I probably should have caught myself, for across the hotel room I could feel Tyler staring at me. After I hadn't accepted his weak apology, I had turned the tables and he's in the palm of my hand.

"You like that song?" Josh asks, coming out of the bathroom. A towel hangs dangerously loose around his hips and if I weren't his best friend I could be flustered.

I shrug, "You might want to fully dry off before Tyler over there cries." I tell him, making a small, subtle jab at Tyler.

Josh laughs loudly, "I'll do that." He tells me, retreating to the bathroom.

Once the door was closed I looked back to my phone. I scrolled through Instagram, but I couldn't enjoy any posts because Tyler's eye bored a hole in my head.

"Can you stop doing that?" I hiss.

"Doing what?" He asks.

"Staring at me! It's uncomfortable!"

"So is apologizing and not being accepted." He counters, raising an eyebrow.

"Well you don't deserve to be forgiven!" I reply through clenched teeth.

He shrugs, "Agree to disagree."
~~~
"Let me take your bag." He offers, as it's obvious I'm struggling.

"No, I don't need your help!"

"If I want to be forgiven, I need a reason to be forgiven. Now let me take it." He tells me.
Reluctantly, I set my suitcase on the ground.

"This doesn't mean we're friends." I tell him, crossing my arms.

"Didn't say it would." He replies, picking up my bag and carrying it into the tour bus. I squint my eyes at his back, I guess I was wrong about having him in the palm of my hand...
Once I'm in the bus, Josh comes up to me.

"Hey we're going out for sushi tonight. Want to come?" He asks.

"But we will be on the road tonight."

"Yeah, I checked and we are passing a sushi shop in about an hour." He tells me.

"Um, sure then." I say with a small smile.
~~~
We ended up getting take out because it was raining cats and dogs. Sadly, Josh still wanted to eat together.

All three of us sat around the wooden table in the mini kitchen. The air was heavy, and I could feel Tyler's eyes on me. That kid just won't stop!

"So, how about the weather?" I say weakly, causing laughter from Josh.

"Quite interesting." He says with a nod.

"Yeah, it is. It even caused me to sprain my wrist." I turn my head to Tyler. "Do you recall that?"

Tyler's fake smile drained away and his face turned stone. "You won't let that go, will you?" He asks.

My anger builds up like Tetris. He thinks a simple apology will make wrist pain go away?

"In case you don't know, I have to have this on for the next 6 weeks! Thanks, Tyler!" I yell.

"Woah!" Josh says quickly spreading his hands out as if to prevent psychical fighting. "That escalated quickly." He says with a dry laugh, trying to lift the air.

I shake my head, walking back to my top bunk. I can't believe this.