"Halftime's almost over. We need to get ready. I'll meet you after the game." Caroline said as she kissed Damon and literally shooed him off the ground. "Let's go, girls!" 

"We won! We totally won! I can't believe it!!" Reese was shouting and it was hard not to get into celebrating mood. It had been a really close match but during the last two minutes, our team managed to score two goals taking us ahead by three points. Everyone was ecstatic. Sean had scored the final game point and everyone was talking about it. He was sure to land a scholarship with the best colleges after today's match. But he was nowhere to be seen.

"I need to go to the washroom. I'll be back in a bit." I told Reese. She nodded but was preoccupied with Kevin and the celebrations.

I headed out to the boys locker-room. This time though I entered only after knocking. There was just one person inside and he was sitting with his head held in between his hands. He looked up when I walked in and my breath caught in my lungs. My memories and dreams hadn't done him justice. His perfectly blue eyes, high cheek bones and his toned upper body on full view weren't good for me.

"Breathe, Aria." Sean whispered as he got up from the bench and walked towards me. All I could do was watch him come closer. My heart was thundering in my chest and I was afraid he could hear it. He put his palm on my cheek and I swallowed hard trying to get rid of the huge lump that had lodged itself in my throat.

I shook my head to clear it and took a step back. I needed to maintain distance. "You have ten minutes." I managed to utter.

"I would like to apologise before saying anything. I am sorry. I really am. No matter what I say now, I know I don't deserve you but, call me selfish, I want you." He looked straight in my eyes and said.

It took every ounce of courage I had to maintain my composure. I nodded to let him continue.

"Yes, Sofia was the reason I came to Spring-dale and she was the reason I became close to you. Yes, I wanted revenge." I flinched when he said that and blinked back the tears threatening to spill over. "But I couldn't." He started pacing back and forth. "My original plan was to come here, befriend you, get you to like me and then hurt you, emotionally. And in return hurt your father. I wouldn't ever, couldn't ever think of hurting you or anyone physically. You have to believe me.

But the very first day I spoke to you my plans went all down the drain. You were nothing like your father. Nothing like the girl I had expected. It was very hard for me to stay away from you. I was drawn to you. Hell, I liked you. Then you started opening up to me and I knew there was no way I was ever letting anything or anyone hurt you." He laughed a cold laugh." Ironical, I know. You changed me. You made me want to be better. And I swore I would never tell you anything about Sofia and get out of your life but every time I tried I failed. So I asked you out and forgot all about the plan. Then you started asking questions and I knew it wasn't long before you would find out everything so I told you. I know I can't expect you to come back to me or even talk to me but I wanted to tell you the entire story." He let out a long defeated breath.

I was stuck in the place I was standing. My head was buzzing. What he said didn't make anything right. He still had planned to hurt me. Maybe not physically but he did want to hurt me emotionally and it scared me that a guy I didn't even know wanted to hurt me for just being my father's daughter.

"Say something. Please." He begged.

"Thanks for telling me this."

"That's it?"

"You were right. Things can't go back to the way they were. They never will." I turned around and headed to the door but turned back just at the door, "I can't even begin to understand the amount of hate you have for my father for wanting to hurt me without even knowing me. I get that you were grieving and hurt but I can't wrap my head around the fact that you wanted to hurt me."