Chapter 6

Laurine's P.O.V

"Fancy seeing you here." I turn around and bump smack bam into Josh. Oh who doesn't want to meet an arrogant ex when pursuing new beginnings? 

"Hmmm."

"I was talking to Ciara."

"Her pleasure I'm sure!" 

He laughs shaking his head. "Were you always so sarcastic?"

I roll my eyes. "Oh what did you ever see in me."

He grins cheekily. "Oh no I can still see that. I didn't like you for your lack of sarcasm."

I shake my head. "What a relief. What do you want?"

He grins at me again. "Well firstly I'd like to know the name of the lad staring at you as we speak. I shall kick his ass."

"Oh shall you?"

He just nods. "Name?"

I laugh. "Why? Making sure you call him by the right name as you kick his ass? Coz that important you know! Wouldn't want to offend."

He just laughs breezily. 

Cian nods uncertainly as he glances at Josh. 

Josh flexes his arm, obviously trying to intimidate him. 

Cian walks towards us.

"Be nice." Josh just grins menacingly. 

"So what's my story? Maybe I should say you  were arrested oh wow I'm a genius!"

Cian smiles at me. "Hey!"

I smile as  Cian as Josh states at him.  "This is Josh."

"I shall make thee regret they mistakes!" Josh grins. 

Cian raises an eyebrow. "Oh sorry Shakespeare! What are my mistakes then?"

"Messing with my girl." 

I scoff. "I'm not your girl." 

Cian grins. "Ouch."

Josh rolls his eyes. "Hey I may be no Shakespeare but I could  hit you no problem." He flexes his arm.

"Reckon I could take you." And then he grins cheekily. "Also I'm great at...other stuff."

Oh he is an ass. 

I roll my eyes. 

Cian just laughs. He's perfect oh my.

"I reckon she could do better. And you will regret it of you hit me man." 

Josh grins. "Hmmm I disagree."

Cian shrugs. 

"Listen if you wanna stay with Shakespeare here that's fine but we were gonna grab a pizza-with Josh Gray. Hahstag the superior Josh. If you wanna come?" 

I laugh. 

"That would be nice." And just like that he throws an arm around me and we start to walk. 

"You seriously dated that jerk?" I roll my eyes. "Hmmm."

He shakes his head in exasperation. "You deserve someone who really appreciates you."

I smile at him.

"That's hard to find."

"I recokn I know someone who'd give anything to  try." 

I look up into his eyes and his hand squeezes my hip.

"Sorry I'll stop!" 

I grin at him. "Please don't."