Running Away

Louis handed Drew her phone. She looked up and blushed.

"You'll need this with you and not at the bottom of the laundry." Louis told her. 

"Oops." Drew laughed. 

Louis headed towards the front door. He grabbed his keys off the stand then turned back to Drew. He gave her a stern look.

"I'll be back in an hour. The others will be back at three, they went shopping." Louis informed her. "Be good." 

"I will." Drew assured him. 

Louis nodded then left. Drew ran upstairs. She grabbed her backpack and started putting things into it. Once it was full, she grabbed her wallet. She opened it up. 

"Fuck." She mumbled. 

There were only five pounds. Drew walked into Louis' room. She took twenty-five pounds out of his savings. She put it in her wallet then left. She walked down the stairs then outside. She closed the door and walked to the sidewalk. She looked back at the house. 

"Goodbye forever." Drew said. 

A tear started to trickle down her cheek as she walked away. 

*** 

"Drew, I'm home!" Louis yelled. 

There was no response. He ran upstairs and went into Drew and Connie's room. She wasn't there. Louis walked over to Drew's night stand. There was a note and a picture of her. 

Guys, I couldn't do it anymore. You were putting way too much pressure on me to be good and stuff. Tell my mother and the others that I love them. I love you and I'll miss you. Drew xx

Louis reached into his pocket and called Drew quickly. It went straight to voice mail. He called Zayn. 

"Hello?" Zayn said. 

"Zayn, you need to come home immediately! Drew ran away! And listen, don't tell the girls!" Louis told him, panic in his voice. 

"Alright. We'll be there soon."

*** 

"Where's Drew?" Connie asked for the billionth time. 

Louis ignored her. He continued to pace back and forth. It had been three days since Drew ran away. The guys would take turns looking for her but they hadn't contacted the police. Zayn and Niall came in. Louis ran over to them. 

"Any sign of her?" He asked in a hushed voice. 

"No." Zayn sighed. 

Louis put his head down. A small tear started to trickle down his face. He brushed it away and sniffled. He looked back up.

"We have to contact the police." Louis said. "We can't do this alone." 

Zayn nodded. He pulled his phone out of his pocket then went to make the call. 

"Hello? I would like to report a missing person." Zayn said to the lady. 

"Alright. What's their name?" The lady asked. 

"Drew Taylor. She's 13." Zayn told her. 

"Alright, we'll send someone over."

Zayn told her their address then hung up. He turned around and saw Louis crying in the hallway. He walked over. 

"What if she's hurt? What if we never see her again?" Louis asked. 

"Don't talk like that, Lou. We'll find her." Zayn assured, not only Louis, but himself as well. 

*** 

"Drew? Drew Taylor?" A police officer said.

Drew looked up. Her blue eyes were red and puffy. Her bottom lip was torn up like she had biting it too much.

"Yeah?" Drew choked. 

"Your guardians have been looking for you. It's time to go home." The officer explained. 

Drew stared at him. She thought for a minute. She had run out of money and she was starving. Finally she made a decision. She got up and ran. 

"Stop that girl!" The officer yelled. 

Drew ran as fast as she could but a man on the street stopped her. The officer caught up with her. He pulled her to the car and put her into the back seat. 

"Do I have to go?" Drew whined. 

"Yes." The officer told her. 

Drew sighed. The officer stared at her. He raised an eyebrow at her and scratched his head. Drew sunk in her seat.

"You look familiar. Do I know you from somewhere?" The officer questioned. 

Drew looked at him for a moment. Finally she got it. 

"Officer Bill!" She said. "You arrested me 3 years ago when I robbed a gas station!" 

"Now I remember! I was shocked when I got a call that a 10 year old had robbed a gas station." Officer Bill chuckled. 

Drew nodded. Soon they pulled up to the house. Officer Bill opened the door. Drew got out and they walked up to the house. She thanked Officer Bill then went inside. 

"I'm home." Drew announced. 

The second she said that, she was attacked with hugs. All but Louis were there. They all shuffled into the living room. Drew sat down on the couch. 

"Where were you?" Connie asked first. 

"I went downtown. I ran out of money last night. If Officer Bill didn't find me, I would have probably robbed a store or something then would have ended up in jail, again." Drew admitted. 

They all fired questions at her about where she was, what happened, and why she left. Finally Zayn spoke up. 

"Drew." He said. "You realize that you scared Louis to death. Right?" 

Drew put her head down. "Where is he?" 

"Upstairs."

Drew nodded. She got up and went to find Louis. She walked into his room. Louis was crying on his bed. Drew gulped.

"Louis?" She mumbled. 

Louis looked up. He had tears staining his face. He saw Drew and ran over to her. He wrapped his arms tightly around her. 

"You're home!" Louis cried. 

Drew nodded into his chest. They stood there for a few minutes. Finally Louis pulled away. He pointed to the bed and Drew sat down. 

"Do you know how worried we were?!" Louis screamed. 

"Yes." Drew whispered. 

"You could have been hurt or killed!"

"I know."

Drew let out a whine. She remembered that she took money from him. 

"Louis, I took twenty-five pounds out of your savings." She admitted. 

Louis sighed. He walked over to his dresser and grabbed a wooden hairbrush. He sat down on the bed. 

"Bare your bum and get over my lap." Louis said. 

Drew obeyed. She climbed over Louis' lap. Louis didn't hold back when he brought the hairbrush down. Drew flinched. Louis continued the spanking until he reached a hundred. Drew's bottom was as red as her hair. Louis pulled her underwear and jeans up. He picked the small girl up and put her into his lap. Drew cried into the crook of his neck. 

"I'm sorry, BooBear." She cried. 

"It's alright, sweetheart." Louis said. 

He lied down with Drew on the bed. She was tightly held in his arms. Drew quickly fell asleep. 

"I'm glad you're home, Drew." Louis mumbled before falling asleep as well.