2 ; 0

sorry guys.

michael woke up in a room, but the room wasn't his. he sat up slowly and took in his surroundings. he was in luke's room. there was various empty glass bottles scattered across the floor along with michael and luke's clothes. michael looked to his left and saw a familiar head of blonde hair.
"l-luke?" michael stuttered, failing to wake the sleeping boy. he shook the smaller teen awake.
"what?" luke raspily asked as he sat up. michael gasped when he saw dark purple marks scattered along luke's neck and chest.
"what happened last night?"
"you don't remember?" luke smiled softly. michael shook his head slowly.
"well we- uh- drank then frickle frackled?"
"w-what?" michael asked.
"michael, we got drunk and had sex."
"n-no we didn't!" michael yelled as he stood to his feet, grabbing his pounding head in pain.
"we did!" luke said as he also stood up.
"i've gotta go, sorry." michael mumbled as he frantically picked up his clothes.
"i'm sorry," luke sobbed as he sat back down on his bed, placing his head in his hands. michael slowly walked over to his crying boyfriend as sat next to him. luke's glassy blue eye's met with michael's emerald ones. luke wrapped his arms around michael's neck and michael wrapped his around luke's waist.
"shh, it's okay. it's not your fault, it's both of ours. i shouldn't have tried to leave."
"i love you michael," luke sniffled as he pulled away from the hug.
"i love you too luke," michael smiled softly before kissing luke's nose.

michael's phone vibrated on luke's side table. the dark blonde reached over, picked it up and checked the caller id.
"it's mum," michael said worriedly.
"will she be mad?"
"luke, i snuck out in the middle of the night and didn't go back. of course she's gonna be mad," michael mumbled angrily.
"oh."
"sorry luke, i shouldn't have said that."
"it's fine," luke smiled, "i'd be the same." michael smiled at luke's reply before answering his phone hesitantly.
"h-hey mum!" michael said as if he's done nothing wrong.
"where are you?" his mum replied impatiently.
"i'm at luke's house, i left this morning and forgot to leave a note. i'm sorry." michael lied.
"bullshit. get home now," she growled before hanging up.
"fuck," michael breathed.
"what did she say?" luke asked curiously.
"she told me to get home, i'm in so much trouble luke," michael said as tears started to fill his eyes," she's gonna hit me again, i know it."
"no, babe. she won't! just go home before she gets even angrier. i'll drive you."
"okay," michael said weakly.

michael pulled his clothes on and grabbed his phone before making his way to luke's car.
"you ready?" luke asked. michael took a deep breath before answering.
"yeah, let's go."

++

michael took a deep breath as he stood at his front door, ready to go in. he looked back at luke who was sat in his car. luke smiled sympathetically at michael before michael turned back around and entered his house. he was greeted by his angry mother sitting on the couch.
"where the fuck have you been? i woke up this morning to you not being at home, with no note or anything telling me where you went. i went all through the neighbourhood looking for you. you better come up with a good explanation young man because i'm not in the mood for any bullshit."
"i went to luke's house. he needed my help with his history assignment," michael lied.
"michael what did i say about giving me bullshit? tell me where you were now," michael's mum said as she raised her voice. at this point michael was shaking. his mum scared him so much. he just wanted to get away. but at the same time he was so sick of his own mother bullying him. all of a sudden michael go a spark of confidence.
"you wanna know where i was? i was in a public pool at midnight. you wanna know what i was doing? i was making out with my boyfriend. yeah, boyfriend. and guess what? we went back to his house and fucked. we had gay sex mum. you happy now you know where i was?" michael said, slightly insanely.
"michael gordon clifford. you will go up to you room, you will pack all of you stuff into a bag and you will leave my house immediately."
"w-what?" michael stuttered, "mum please, no! i'm sorry!"
"what have i told you michael? i don't tolerate gays. now leave my house. you have half an hour."

michael ran into his room sobbing violently. he opened his wardrobe and shoved as many items of clothing he could into his suitcase. he grabbed other things he needed, including his toothbrush and phone charger. he walked to his desk and pulled out a spare piece of paper and a pen. he began writing a letter to his mum. he wanted to say good bye but he didn't want to see his mother's face.

dear mum,

i'm sorry i'm the way i am. i'm sorry i like boys and i'm sorry for being a failure. i wish i could be the perfect son but i'm not and you hate me for that. this is my fault and i hope one day you can forgive me.

i hope you're happy now because i know i'm not. i love you. good bye.

-michael xx

he grabbed his keys and walked to his car that was parked in the garage next to his mothers. he threw his suitcase into the backseat and got into the drivers seat. he turned the car on and reversed out of the driveway, mentally thanking luke for going home. he didn't want to talk to anyone at the moment. he sped down the road not knowing where he wanted to go. he just wanted to get out of town, he wanted to be away from everyone he knew. he made his way to the highway. he was going 20 kilometres over the speed limit and he knew it was stupid but he didn't care.

he started sobbing again once he started thinking about what just happened. he was going to miss his mum but he wasn't going to miss the way she treated him. michael was so distracted by his thoughts that he didn't realise he was slowly drifting into oncoming traffic. he was snapped out of his thoughts when a cars horn went off. michael saw a car coming directly towards him. he tried to stop the car but it was to late. the cars collided. michael's car rolled across the road and into a tree that was growing next to the highway. michael could hear car tires screeching and horns being sounded, but this all stopped once he let the darkness take over.