Twelve

I stayed in the shower for longer than what was probably normal, thinking about everything that happened today.

Kill yourself.

You're a mistake.

A whore, just like your mother.

It was like sirens going off in my head, everyone's voices overcrowding in screams, enveloping my every thought.

Letting the voices drown me mentally, I shut off the shower and stepped out into the cold floor, dripping wet.

I looked at the clothes Jungkook had given me for a second before picking them up and examining them.

He gave me a white shirt with what looked like black splatters all over it along with a pair of checkered red sleeping pants. Thinking it all through, I decided to throw on the clothes he provided for me.

The shirt and pants were quite big on me, extremely baggy on me but I can manage. I rolled up the waist of the pants, making them not extremely long on my legs like they were.

Sighing loudly, I walked out of the bathroom. I looked around, noticing Jungkook on the couch, he had his hand covering his eyes. He looked tense.

I slightly coughed, making him jump and look at me.

"Sit down, we're gonna talk."

Slowly walking over to the couch, I sat on the far end away from Jungkook. He sighed heavily before looking at me.

"Why didn't you tell me you were getting harassed by girls?"

His voice was stern. Fiddling with my thumbs nervously, I glanced up at him.

"I didn't want you to get involved because-"

"Bullshit, Lily."

He snapped at me, making me stop talking.

"That's a bullshit excuse, Lily. You know it. Just admit it, you were fucking scared."

I fiddled with my thumbs faster as I hung my head low, listening to him lecture.

"You know damn well, I would have put a stop to it. You know I would have don't you?"

"I don't know-"

His voice got increasingly louder as he talked to me.

"Don't fucking lie! You think I wouldn't help you with a bunch of pathetic girls even after you saw me beat the shit out of a guy for even remotely laying a finger on you."

I could feel his eye burning my skin as I refused to lift my head, ashamed.

"Fucking look at me, Lily!"

Lifting my head slowly, he smirked at me when our eyes locked onto one another, shaking his head slowly.

"Is that why you tried to end your life? A couple girls giving you a hard time?"

I shook my head no as I glanced downwards and up again, locking my eyes back with his.

"Then what is it, Lily?"

I searched for the right words before opening my mouth again.

"It was because of my mother, because of the girls, because of you. It was because of everything. Not one thing in specific, everything just came crashing down on me at once."

He relaxed his shoulders and slumped his back into the couch, staring in front of him.

"Lily, I'm sorry I said those nasty things. I don't know why I said them, truthfully. I just.. Lost my cool."

Looking over at me, his face was increasingly more calm now along with his voice.

"But, I don't want you to ever try something that stupid again, hear me?"

I nodded at him, feeling uncomfortable with this unfamiliar setting. Looking at all the empty alcohol bottles, he seemed to notice my curiosity.

"Disgusting, isn't it? My father is a heavy drinker. Not much I can do about it anymore except keep my distance."

He sighed loudly.

"What happened with your mom?"

Completely surprised by his question, I thought back to everything that was said.

Mistake.

"She told me I was a mistake and she didn't even want to have me."

He lightly shrugged as my response.

"Join the club, my father didn't want me either. Still doesn't."

I looked around for any family photos, but, found none.

"What about your mom?"

He was silent for a couple of second, staring into space before responding.

"She committed suicide."

My heart fell to my stomach as those words registered in my mind. Jungkook's words replayed over and over again in my head from the park.

"Don't.. Don't leave like she did"

His face turned calm.

"But, she in a better place now."

___________________________

Finally, it's the weekend. I just wanna eat and sleep XD

Say tuned for the next chapter---