5. Long,long way to go

I was the one? I kept thinking to myself as we got up to fly back to get my things still hidden in a bush. Zagan had nothing with him so he offered to carry one of my bags, I couldn't say no to help. Zagan was a nice person but a mysterious one. He was hard to figure out, I couldn't  read his face. Everything about him was secret. I didn't like it but, I didn't push him.

I never thought I would be flying around with a sexy guy who says to be the same as me. Still a total stranger. "so where we off to now?" I asked to break the silence. He turned towards me and gave me that 'oh my god, are you stupid' look.

"To find your dad!" He sounded a bit annoyed. I wanted to ask so many questions but I thought it  would be better just to leave him alone for a while. We swooped through  the air, I loved the feeling of the wind blowing through my hair and hitting my face. The air here smelt like pine wood and something sweet like sugar when you steal a spoonful of it from the jar when no ones looking. It was a strange combined smell. " How  comes your going so slow?" I was taken out of my daydream when I heard the deep voice coming from above me. I lifted my head looking up at him. He flew down beside me and smiled. I guess he calmed down now.

"Well I... I.. not sure." I rushed out. " So tell me about yourself." I demanded sweetly.

" Well I'm Zagan, I'm 17 nearly 18. I am three quarters devil and a quarter angel. My nan had a one night stand with an angel, then she gave birth to my dad, he was half then my dad married a devil women and they had me. I had a brother Celtious but he died,so now I guess I'm like an only child. I'm the devils wing man. Meaning I'm his right side. I sit on the right and my father sits on the left. My father is best friends with the king." He looked down.

"Who's the king?" I asked. He knew I was going to ask this question. you could tell by the way he sighed.

" The..The king is ummm... Wait one minute." He said reaching into his jean pocket and grabbing his phone. " Hello?"  "Yeah, Yeah I've got.... Yeah" "Three days.... Yes three days ok. Stop stressing it wont be any later!" "Yes bye." He hung up and slide his phone back into his pocket.

"So you hungry?"

"Yeah sure."

" Do you want to stop a moment then because I cant just grab the food from the bag with out dropping it." He said. We both swooped down and placed our self on a rock on the edge of a field. He passed me  a ham roll that Marcie, one of our cooks, prepared. He smiled at me while watching me bite into the roll.

" Your a strange guy.. are you just going to watch me eat my roll or are you going to eat yours?" I said smirking. He rolled his eyes and took a big chunk out of his roll. He looked down to the floor like he felt guilty or something. "so who was that one the phone?" I asked him trying not to seem nosey.

" A friend. Along the way were going to meet him okay? In three days" He closed his eyes and sighed. Wow something must be bugging him right now.

"Oh okay cool." I replied.

" So.. I told you about me now tell me about yourself."

" Well I'm scarlett but everyone calls me red, I have a mom named Crystal, shes an angel and she fell in love with devil and but then it was forbidden. Then i came along and then she re-married and had my sister Lexxie and now shes pregnant with twins. I have never met my father. I have been in hiding for 16 years until now, I get angry quickly and flip out. I have never dated anyone. Yeah that's it really." I said watching Zagan raise his eyebrows.

"Never dated?" He sounded surprised

" Nope."

"Because your half devil?" He asked. I nodded. " Wow Angels are like I don't know, but that's mean. Man your so pretty and your a nice person and they waste you because your half devil?!" He was getting mad so I thought I would change the subject.

"It dont matter, Hey what way do we go?" I asked.

" South! Angels! Just so.. arghh I'm not even going to say it! "I was glad he was done because I thought he was going to go mental and start ripping things apart the way he kicked a rock was enough for me.

" So you think I'm pretty?" I asked a little flirty.

" Well.." He began. I punched him softly in the arm. " Hey let me finish miss.punch!" He said mockingly. I giggled and rolled my eyes. We both pushed back our shoulder blades and went. " Your very pretty! Hot in fact and I cant believe the Angels don't want that. Wow they're stupid. You see being brought up as an angel your more calm and kind. Me being brought up as a devil, well what can I say?" He smiled. His face was a little red with blushing.

"Well.. Thanks. Your hot too. When I first see you I was like oh my god! Hes so sexy and..." I trailed off. Holy CRAP! I just blurted that out! Whats wrong with me? You can tell I haven't ever had a boyfriend. Jheez! " Oh My God, I didn't just mean to .... Ummm.. I just blurted that out. Pretend you didn't hear it. WOW that's embarrassing!" I tried to recover myself.

" Its okay I'll pretend I never heard it."

" Thanks." OH my I'm so stupid! Now he must think I'm a complete fool and ohhh. EMBARRASSING!

"  So how much longer do you want to fly for?"

"Another hour." I said judging on how tired I was getting. At the speed we were doing we flew fast than aeroplanes in a clear sunny day. I see Zagan look down at his watch. His eyes flickered back to me.

" It's half six!" He said knitting his eyebrows together. "Lets make camp."

We flew down and unpacked the blanket. I sat against a tree thinking while Zagan went to wash in a lake four minutes from 'camp' as he called it. I starting humming the mocking bird song. I used to sing it to Lexxie before she went to bed when she was little. I missed her so much. I cant wait to see her beaming, happy face again.

I was all stuck in my day dream, when I heard a scream. It was loud and it rung in my ears. I ran towards the lake where Zagan was.