14.5. J-min

__________________________
Jimin's POV
__________________________

After V had told us about our powers and left with Jungkook and everyone, i sunk down on my knees in the hallway of my apartment.

My love was over.

It really was over.

I was just on the verge to start crying when the doorbell suddenly rang. I sniffled and took a deep breath to keep my composure. Someone probably forgot something... If not... Jungkook? Had he come back to reject me?

I opened the door slowly with a gloom and anxious feeling filling up my mind. The more open the door got the more sunlight started to peak into the apartment and when it was wide open...

I was met by J-Hope's friendly smile.

It looked beautiful and i got really touched for some reason. The sunlight behind him made his smile shine even brighter than usual.

However, seeing that it was him i couldn't help blushing and looking away, i felt really awkward and guilty about the other day when i had not only cruely rejected him but also stomped down his smile and pride completely.

He didn't say anything and i glanced at him briefly. How could he still smile so brightly?

"Did you forget something?", i asked carefully.

"I forgot to tell you something.", he said.

"... What?"

"I know that you like Jungkook... i know that. But... Can't you like me more?"

My heart started beating faster. What was he even saying.

"N-No!", i said and childishly closed the door in his face.

A wave of warmth spread through my body for a second but i rejected it. I took a deep breath. Jungkook was the only one i loved. After all, it had always been that way... Following him and wanting to do my best for him. I closed my eyes and felt the sadness come rushing once again.

Only to be interrupted again by my phone vibrating. I picked it up and answered the call.

J-Hope.

"Jimin, open the door?"

His voice was so warm.

"I-I don't want to!", i said and bit my lip.

Seriously, Park Jimin, what are you doing right now? I cringed at my own actions.

"A-Anyways! If you don't want anything, go away.", i continued.

"Oh, so i can stay if i want something?", J-Hope casually asked.

"What? NO. That's not what i..."

The sound of the door knocking again. Three light knocks.

"Jimin..."

"I'm not feeling well! I'll contact you later!", i said in a rush, feeling oddly shoken up by the tone he had used when saying my name.

It sounded different than usual. It got my heart beating. I put my hand on my chest and started taking slow deep breaths, feeling it calming down little by little. When i was done, i stood up and walked towards the door to see through the hole if he still was there.

He wasn't.

Hm? Why did i feel disappointed.

It couldn't be...

No way.

Jungkook...

I fell into a worry sleep that night.

__________________________

Why was it that suddenly, everywhere i went, J-Hope was there?

To the store...
On a walk...
Even to work...

I searched through the titles in the bookshelf in the library when once again, he appeared behind me. It had gone a few days since my rejection now.

"Finding something interesting?", J-Hope asked.

I took up my phone and went to my call history to then hold the screen up for J-Hope so that he could see.

"Why are you calling me so many times?", i asked.

"Because i miss you."

"So straightforwards...", i looked away to hide my face that started to gradually get warmer.

Was this why i avoided him? He can't find out... I had liked Jungkook for years now. I had only had eyes for Jungkook, so why, why did my eyes suddenly start to wander? I felt guilty. Shameful? That was probably the right word for it.

J-Hope laughed and his eyes seemed like they were glittering almost... It looked a bit...

"So beautiful...", i said in a daze, not thinking properly.

His smile turned into a more soft one and his eyes expressed a slightly suprised feeling.

"What's beautiful?", he asked.

I turned my gaze away, blushing. I could feel my hands getting sweaty and i couldn't help but nervously tapping my feet in the ground.

"They were sparkling, like stars... I thought it looked pretty.", i said quietly, hoping that he wouldn't get that i really was speaking about him.

He smiled brightly.
And with the sparkling appearing in his eyes once again he said...

"It is you, you're sparkling."

"..."

Ah... So it was me who was sparkling inside of those eyes...

Jungkook.
I still haven't gotten over you.

But if it's J-Hope then...

Maybe i'll try.

... It's okay, right?

__________________________