Chapter 4

Connell's POV:

"Fuckkkk Connell," Chris groans, clearly agitated. He glares in the direction of the door, fingers clenching around his beer and I turn my head to try to follow his gaze to see what's pissing him off. My eyes don't catch on anything, though, so I turn back to him. Huh.

"What's up, man?"

Chris purses his lips and "Those fucking basketball..." He inhales through his nose, "they are here to ruin my party and I swear to god I just saw one of them. They need to fu--". I can always tell when Chris is about to go on one of his rants. So naturally, I interrupt him.

"Hey, chill. I can take care of it tonight, yeah? We just won against the fucking Foxes!So, go find Lucy or something. Bet she'd like to take your mind off of it or ya know..." I wiggle my eyebrows. "Plus, she got an enormous pair of..." I cup my hands around where my non existent boobs would be.

Chris laughs, all thoughts of basketball gone and asks me if I'm sure, "cause I can stay", but I wave him off, confidently. "Thanks, man," he grins and disappears into the crowd.

Guard dog mode: On

My eyes scan the area and I notice that yeah, this place is pretty fucking packed. People are dancing on the couches, the stairwell, even on the counter tops and it honestly reminds me of a goddamn rave. And I grin.

But then I think about those assholes trying to ruin it and it just pisses me off. I mean, I feel like it's fine when we do it because no one even cares about basketball in our school. But when they do it? It's YCA's pride and joy so why should we have to put up with it? It's bullshit. And I would start a full on sports war just because of their bullshit.

I nod, satisfied with my thoughts before chugging my beer and getting a new one. As I open it I glace around the room again, this time though, something does catch my eye.

And it's none other than Aisley Becker, captain of the enemy team. He's just inside the door and wipes his eyes before I have to watch as Arlington goes up and grabs his arm. I grit my teeth, what the hell does Dylan think he's doing? That's my job! I'm supposed to be over there questioning him and touching him... Uh, to scare him though... Obviously. But fucking Arlington.

The longer they stand there talking the angrier I get. Who does Dylan think he is? Talking to Aisley like that when it's obviously not his place! I notice then, how uncomfortable Aisley actually looks and I'm about to go interrupt their little 'moment' when I see him excuse himself.

And Dylan fucking Arlington literally just watches his ass as he walks away. I squint at him, glad that we kicked that asshole off the team, and take another swig of beer before I move to look back at Becker. And as soon as my eyes meet his, all the air rushes out of my lungs.

His face is honestly fucking glowing. And I can't help but stare because his hair is styled back out of his perfectly clear face and lips are moist. My eyes stay on his as I move my drink up to my lips and watch as he does the same.

He's still watching my own eyes as his lips part around the head of the bottle and tips his head back, then I watch as he pulls back he just fucking flicks his tongue over the rim of the bottle. I shudder, feeling strangely warm and I just know that there's a blush on my face because oh my god that was just... Lewd.

I can tell when he notices the blush on my cheeks though because I see it spread across his own tanned skin. And I'm about to go over there to... I don't even know, but I watch as his dumbass friend from the other day just walks up to him. And shoves him, whispers something in his ear then drags him off. And I'm just standing here watching and... What?